PDA

View Full Version : Another Jumping Ship

forqnc
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I hate to do it, but I just don't have the time to get to my CW, and it is just gathering dust in my workshop. So I have decided to sell whilst I still have a warranty on it.
I have 55hrs 52 mins of run time. I have had several great carvings, but since my flex shaft melted, I have not had any time to spend with my baby.
It has been to LHR and repaired under warranty 3 times, 1st for the melted flex shaft, 2nd for a QC which I could not get unscrewed, lastly for a wobble on the QC. I got it out of the box last Thursday, and the top of the QC still has the wobble, the bit moves maybe a 64th of an inch (see pictures). I emailed the pictures to LHR on Friday and have not heard back from them yet. They did say this is a problem with the new QC from China, but the bit does not wobble as greatly as the top of the QC.
I am also including all the accessories I have for it these include:-

3 carving bits and adapters 1/4" (2 Brand new)
3 1/8" cutting bits with 1/4" adapters (2 brand new, still in bag in picture)
10 1/2" adapters (4 brand new in craftsman package)
1 Quick Change (brand new in crafstman package, and yes it does fit the CW)
2 1/4" adapters
QC removal wrench and wrench to unscrew QC
A square drive that fits the flex shaft opening for unscrewing the QC (yes it has a spiral, that was from when it was stuck)
1 Drive belt (brand new)
Obviously the CD software, flash card and Card reader are included.

It does have the new 14 pin card and the firmware on the flashcard needs to be updated to 1.121

It's been a fun ride, and I hope to be back in the future, I hope someone can get a benefit from this.

Asking $1000 plus shipping. (may need help with shipping, as I have never shipped anything this heavy 80lb)

Feel free to check my post history I have only one bad post when I was frustrated one Saturday way back.

PM if interested.

JOHNB
10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Wow!!! What A Deal...

forqnc
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to add, the yearly warranty runs out Feb 7th 08.
Attached is my Sears statement (private info removed) showing when I bought the machine. It is just shown as Carving. It took a week to be delivered.

MODS. If this is inappropriate feel free to remove.

oldjoe
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems hope you at least stick around the forum and who know what the future will hold maybe you will be back carving again.

RC Woodworks
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
forgnc, I thought about buying your machine, but I may be joining you! I may still be contacting you!

Rick

forqnc
10-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems hope you at least stick around the forum and who know what the future will hold maybe you will be back carving again.

I'll probably be still hanging around oldjoe, I wouldn't like to go cold turkey and come back in the future with a huge learning curve to climb.

forgnc, I thought about buying your machine, but I may be joining you! I may still be contacting you!

Rick

Oh No, Sorry to hear you may be joining me, you've be an inspiration to us all RC. Good Luck