PDA

View Full Version : Sizing

hboydt
10-14-2007, 12:00 PM
If you make a protion of a project large enough to ease your ability to detail the cutter path, is they a way to resize to patch into the orginal project.

Jeff_Birt
10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Huh? Not following what you are trying to do. If you need a better view of something your working on just ZOOM into that section of the board.

hboydt
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Huh? Not following what you are trying to do. If you need a better view of something your working on just ZOOM into that section of the board.

The problem with that is, if there is a lot of detail, the image is terribly distorted and it is easier to clear up the distortion with other programs and enlarge it before importing , then do the cutter pathing in this condition.

Jeff_Birt
10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm still not following you, are you working with patterns or vector objects?

hboydt
10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I have imported an JPEG image into Favorites, Used the pattern tool to place it on the board and then I try and create a cutter path for the image. (two demensional at this point). If I magnify it, it become unstable and distorted. The more magnification, the more distortion, and unstabiliztion.
For some reason, I think I am terribly off base with my method since you have trouble understanding my problem. I am a novice with this equipment and software but in my working life I built 3 D metal cutting equipment and 3D measuring equipment and was reasonably knowledgeable with the software use in programing these to perform. However that was twenty years ago.

Jeff_Birt
10-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I think the biggest problem is the JPG format. The compression algorithm used in JPG works great for photographs but it leaves artifacts (extra pixels) around the edges of the image, leaving a jagged edge when viewed under magnification. When Designer tries to create a cut path it's trying to figure out how to go around all the JPG artifacts. The best format to use for patterns is PNG. It uses a lossless compression scheme so there are no jaggies around the edges.

If you only have your artwork in JPG format you will need to clean it up in a graphics package and then export it as PNG.

hboydt
10-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks, That appears to solve the problem. It is now stable and shows better detail.