PDA

View Full Version : multiple [rpjects on one board

Jimmygee
10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I was looking throught the projects section and was going to try the jewerly box. As I have seen on other projects it was recommended to use one large board and place all parts pn it and keep all inder the rollers. I have tried to put the mpc files combined on one board but they all open to the size boatd they were desigened for. If I make the board size larger it seems to be able to accept, but how do I bring the othe mpc's, such as the lid and sides onto that board.
Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help guisde me on this one.
Thanks

forqnc
10-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Don't bring in the mpc's, bring the Pattern onto your board. Export the pattern from it's mpc file then load it into the complete mpc. If that makes sense :)

pkunk
10-08-2007, 09:50 AM
follow the instructions here http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271

Hank
10-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Jimmygee

I read the responses from your inquiry and must admit I didn't understand what they were saying. I think I came up with a understandable solution.

First create a new file Board size 7.5 x 40 x.5 (call it the master file) then open up the base, lid, side 1 and side 2. These can be all opened without closing any files. Select one of the jewerly box files (say the lid). Select all the elements in the carving list, select file then copy. Select the double box in the upper right conner to bring up the the multiple designer programs. Select the master file, right click the mouse an select paste. While all elements are still highlighted reposition them on the board. Leave 3.5 inches on the end for rollers. Repeat this for all the other files.

My trick to multiple MPC's is paste and copy.....

There were a few problems when doing this.
1. When I brought in the base and the lid the route edge ( 1/2 inch ball nose) didn't copy. I did a route edge after all the files were brought into the master.
2. I had use a cut path on each of the file after they were brought into the master.
3. After I located the both sides onto the master I tried to do a copy and paste to duplicate the other sides. When I tried to reposition the pasted copy they wouldn't move down. I went back to the originals and did another copy/paste procedure.

I hope this helps

Hank