PDA

View Full Version : Care and Maintenance of Bit Adapters

carvewright
10-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Please check to make sure that each bit adapter is free from damage or surface defect on the tapered mating surface each use before inserting them into the quick change. These defects include rust, nicks, burrs, excess dry thread cement, etc. Adapters that have surface defects will not fit properly into the quick change and can be dislodged from the machine during operation.

Especially check all new 1/4” shank bit adapters for excess thread cement on the set screws and tapered body surface. Excess thread cement on the set screws, or the body of the adapter, will prevent the adapter from fully snapping into the quick change. To remove thread cement from the adapter, use rubbing alcohol on a rag, or soft toothbrush, and wipe the excess thread cement off the adapter. Do not loosen set screws to clean the adapter.

Also, always make sure that each adapter and the inside of the quick change is coated with a light oil to prevent rust. For additional information on the general care of your machine please see the Care and Maintenance section in the Operators manual. As with your automobile, simple preventative care of your machine can prevent future required service.

Woodpecker
11-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Bit adapters? Any remarks about normal wear? My machine is starting to show one bit adapter as polished from wear. Any cause for concern?
Woodpecker

ChrisAlb
11-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Bit adapters? Any remarks about normal wear? My machine is starting to show one bit adapter as polished from wear. Any cause for concern?
Woodpecker

Polished is fine. All mine are and that's just the paint/coating coming off them. Any dents, dimples or scratches and you'll want to replace them.

All my adapters are original with well over 300 hours on them. They are all in great shape and work like new. With proper care (cleaning & lube) on both the adapters and chuck, they'll last a very long time.

Also, this is the "Announcement area" and is used for the CarveWright staff. For questions like this you should start a new thread in the "machine" area.

andes
11-22-2008, 09:37 AM
what's the best way to clean burn makes off the bits?

Polished is fine. All mine are and that's just the paint/coating coming off them. Any dents, dimples or scratches and you'll want to replace them.

All my adapters are original with well over 300 hours on them. They are all in great shape and work like new. With proper care (cleaning & lube) on both the adapters and chuck, they'll last a very long time.

Also, this is the "Announcement area" and is used for the CarveWright staff. For questions like this you should start a new thread in the "machine" area.

jcorder
11-22-2008, 01:54 PM
what's the best way to clean burn makes off the bits?

I will most likely get some grumps about this post, but the fastest way I have found to clean the burn marks off is to use oven cleaner. I know a while back there was quite a bit of discussion about oven cleaner, but I don't leave it on but a few seconds and then clean it right off. It has really cleaned up some nasty looking bits for me.

Good luck
Jeff

andes
11-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Ah yes, now that you mention it I do recall a topic about that. I forgot about that, sorry. I will go search for it. Thanks for reminding me ;_}

flamesrule
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I have just put a deposit on a machine.It will be here at the end of November.My question is if there is any problems with the machine and has to go back is there a place in Canada that can do the service on it other than sending it back to Dallas.I am looking forward to my machine coming so i can learn about the machine.

Thank-You:)

jcorder
11-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I think that is a question for LHR, everything I have seen with the warantee requires it to go back to Texas

TritonLina
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
If you are a canadian customer, there is now a canadian service. You can go on our website www.carvewright.ca or call 1-888-874-8664.

Lina Lapierre
Canadian CarveWright Customer Service

Dyna Rider
01-18-2009, 03:24 PM
I have just put a deposit on a machine.It will be here at the end of November.My question is if there is any problems with the machine and has to go back is there a place in Canada that can do the service on it other than sending it back to Dallas.I am looking forward to my machine coming so i can learn about the machine.

Thank-You:)

If you are a canadian customer, there is now a canadian service. You can go on our website www.carvewright.ca or call 1-888-874-8664.

Lina Lapierre
Canadian CarveWright Customer Service

“The CarveWright is warranted for use in the United States only.”

You can find this information by going to www.carvewright.ca highlighting Support and then clicking on FAQ. In the web page that pops up scroll down to Warranty Information and in the section titled warranty you can find it as the second to last sentence.

dragoncarver
03-15-2009, 09:58 AM
when will QC's be in stock? and will the information be posted in this section when they are available

andes
03-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Dragon,

I have a couple of extra, pm me.

Andrea

dragoncarver
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
hi andes
do you still have a QC you can part with:D

dragoncarver
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
the urls below caused my computer to lock up

Jeff_Birt
03-16-2009, 10:49 PM
It is spam! Do not follow the links!

dragoncarver
03-16-2009, 10:55 PM
iiiieee now he tells me :roll: i am running a full scan now already found 30 adware and tracking cookies not saying it came from there but my computer was running fine till i clicked on the link

fwharris
03-17-2009, 12:19 AM
It is spam! Do not follow the links!

Shouldn't that post be removed? I know they have already been banned as I got a PM from them and their on line ranking was "banned"!

Tom75
03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
i click on the link to and froze my computer am to running a scan

Jeff_Birt
03-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Please do not post in this area (its for announcements and direct replies to the announcements only)! The moderators cannot remove things in this section so we have to wait for one of the CW guys. The best I can do is to put a note asking folks NOT to click on the links...