PDA

View Full Version : Question to all 3D pattern makers

RC Woodworks
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
First off to all our pattern makers, All CW, CarveBuddy, go3D.us and Vector Art 3d thank you so much for your wonderful patterns! My question like Vector Art 3D will you offer you pattern in a different format? I own a Shopbot too and would love to be able to use you patterns for it too!

Anyway I know this is a Carve Wright forum and I have bought a pattern or two from each of you. I must single out Carve Buddy, I love the buck head I purchase from you and would love to be able to use it with my other CNC machine. That also goes for all the patterns I have purchased from All CW and go3D and for all the future purchases!

Vector Art 3D I am covered they offer their patterns in differnt formats. I am very impressed with everyones talent and for enhancing my business. I wish I had internet access this last fair I needed a catfish and go3d.us has a great pattern!

Thank you Carve Buddy for the free American flag pattern it worked great for a sign. I copied the customer's business card almost to a T!!! Well here is the layout

Thanks again for your hard work and great prices!!!

Rick

zeke
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
What brand CNC machine do you use and how does it compare to the CW?

RC Woodworks
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Zeke, sorry I was eating dinner. I have a 4896 ShopBot, the bummer is I started putting it together last 4th of July and was shorted parts. So it is a $10,000 work bench right now with my fair schedule I was unable to finish it up. Dang the power went out.

I hope to get to together before Oct. 30th.

Rick

Jeff_Birt
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Rick, I've been working on adding the ability to import/export 3D file formats into/from CBPE. This feature will most likely come post V1 though. So you would be able to convert any CW pattern into a standard 3D format for use in other packages. As for your needs, please drop me an email/PM and let me know what format you need for your other machine. (lest we diverge too much from actual CW conversation here)

RC Woodworks
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks Jeff, as soon as I get my other CNC up and running I will contact you! Oh my plate is full and I have only 28 days to get it all done. Then I will have lots of time to figure out the the other software!!!

I don't look forward to this back surgery!

Rick

mtylerfl
10-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi Rick,

Thank you for your kind words about our patterns. Great layout too!

I just PM'd you regarding your request.

RC Woodworks
10-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Rick,

Thank you for your kind words about our patterns. Great layout too!

I just PM'd you regarding your request.

No thank you! The customer loved the sign.

Rick

yuppicide
10-04-2007, 07:52 AM
I was going to ask you how much a Shopbot cost, but that post up there I think answered everything. It's too much for me!

www.go3d.us
10-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Rick,

Let me know what type of file does your shopbot accepted? The 3d software I used to create patterns can export to many different format.

Thank you for your support.
HT
www.go3d.us