PDA

View Full Version : Cannot use machine until v1.122 comes out

10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Need help on firmware update 1.121.

While my machine was at LHR, the upgraded it with improved connector boards and FFC cable (I'm not sure that that means?) I recieved an e-mail before my machine was returned with the new firmware upgrade.

Here's my problem, I flashed the card with the new firmware and being fairly versed in computer logic, I wanted to start out with a clean card, so I went ahead and formatted it. When my machine was returned on 9/20, in the box was a yellow sheet of paper explaining about the firmware upgrade. It went on to say do NOT format the card with the new firmware on it until the software v1.122 came out. That should have been on 9/21 or about. Well here it is 10/1 and still no upgrade, so I have been reluctant to use the machine.

Here is my solution to the problem, but I need the experts to say it is okay to use this card. I have been unable to contact support as yet about it. I reflashed the card with the old firmware 1.120 and then reformatted it. Then I flashed the card again with 1.121 but did not format. I feel this should put the card in the state that is needed to run the machine. Am I thinking straight on this or not. HELP is needed so I can start using the machine again.

Jeff_Birt
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds logical to me!

Digitalwoodshop
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
If the card is functional with 1.120 it will now gives you "Scan Area" when you turn it on then that is normal. The Changed board gives you that result. TRY IT. YES Go to next step.

Now find the instructions to load 1.121 and follow them without formatting the card. It looks like it needs part of 1.120 to be properly installed, but this is not my area of expertise.

With 1.121 on the card plug it in and turn it on... You will now need to follow the instructions to make a change to the Probe input. It is now on Z and needs to be switched to cover. It's just a fork in the road... Get Probe Data from Z plug or Cover Plug with cable adapter they will send you.

Hope that helps but please don't format the card.

AL

10-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Good news, I contacted tech support and they confirmed that the card should be okay. Thank you for your help.