PDA

View Full Version : Scan hours

Lin
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I did a search on this first and didn't find the info I was looking for... I think I have read here or on another forum that the scan hours DO NOT count towards your 200 hours...Is that a fact or do the scan hours go up against your 200 hour warrenty?
Lin

mtylerfl
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I did a search on this first and didn't find the info I was looking for... I think I have read here or on another forum that the scan hours DO NOT count towards your 200 hours...Is that a fact or do the scan hours go up against your 200 hour warrenty?
Lin

Hi Lin,

It is my understanding that scan times do not count against the warranty - only carving time does.

Are you busy scrolling these days? I'll bet you're making a ton of gift items already! Hey - did you see the CarveBuddy ad in the Holiday issue of Scrollsaw Magazine? Still thinkin' we should start making scroll patterns too. Your projects are quite inspiring!

pkunk
10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll confirm thet. Carving time is the only one that counts towards warrenty.

Lin
10-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Thanks guys...that's what I thought just wanted to make sure. Which mag is the ad in Michael? Creative WoodWorks and Crafts or Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts...I don't think I've gotten the winter edition of the last one yet...will look thru CWC for it. Scrolling patterns might not be a bad idea to throw in the mix...coming up with fresh ideas will be the hardest part. Yes tis the season so to speak for the scrollsaw. Have cut four intricate nameplates with logo in the last month and have two more orders for them...plus a couple portriat style cuttings and a custom portrait. The x-mas orders are starting to flow in qucikly now. Have started on ornaments (should've started them a month ago) for donation with my scrolling club. (Fourth graders at and area school will receive them this year)
Combo patterns for the scrollsaw and the CW together would be great also. Several out there that have the CW I'm finding out have a scrollsaw also. Just a thought.
Lin

mtylerfl
10-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys...that's what I thought just wanted to make sure. Which mag is the ad in Michael? Creative WoodWorks and Crafts or Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts...I don't think I've gotten the winter edition of the last one yet...will look thru CWC for it. Scrolling patterns might not be a bad idea to throw in the mix...coming up with fresh ideas will be the hardest part. Yes tis the season so to speak for the scrollsaw. Have cut four intricate nameplates with logo in the last month and have two more orders for them...plus a couple portriat style cuttings and a custom portrait. The x-mas orders are starting to flow in qucikly now. Have started on ornaments (should've started them a month ago) for donation with my scrolling club. (Fourth graders at and area school will receive them this year)
Combo patterns for the scrollsaw and the CW together would be great also. Several out there that have the CW I'm finding out have a scrollsaw also. Just a thought.
Lin

Lin,
Wow! You ARE busy! Nice gesture for you and your club to provide the scrolled ornaments for the fourth graders. I know it's a sacrifice of time and effort to fit something like that into your schedules, but a joyful one, I'm sure.

The ads are running in ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts (Holiday 2007 issue) and Woodcarving Illustrated. Those issues may not have hit the newstands yet, but subscribers may already have them in hand.

Combo patterns for scrollsaw and CW is a great idea. As you mentioned, coming up with something creative and fresh - that's the challenge!