PDA

View Full Version : Could be a new FAILURE to Watch....

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I started a new post as this might be a BIG issue in the next few weeks.

I am DOWN again on a Sunday afternoon... Installed the Z Bundle and 6 hours of Carving later and I am DOWN again.

I found a piece of plastic on the board that had indented the wood as the roller pressed it into the wood. At first thought it looked like the plastic from inside the chuck but all was normal with the Chuck... Then I saw it was the plastic from around the Cut Motor lower half.

This might be a isolated case but someone posted a hard piece of plastic found and I think I guessed wrong twice.... Could be the same failure as me....

I have the new Magnet on this motor and I am thinking that might be related. The clearance is very close and the side to side motion might be causing the fracture and failure of the Motor Shaft Retainer.

I am going to fire this off to Support@CarveWright.com to be forwarded to Engineering.

We might need a new fix to fix the Magnet fix....

AL

I added some file pictures of the motor from when I got it new about a month ago from LHR.

Digitalwoodshop
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Decided to try J-B Weld to fix it. Wish I would have thought of it last night.... Now I need to wait for it to set up.

AL

rjp736
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I had that same problem about a month ago. LHR sent me a new motor.....so far so good.