PDA

View Full Version : better board sensor functionality?

wi_wood_worker
09-30-2007, 01:23 AM
I purchased a Carvewright machine a year ago (11/10/06) and I returned it on (06/14/07) because I went through 3 sensors. Yes I could of kept sending them the old (broken one) and incur the 3 month down-time for LHR to send me a new sensor. So after the 3rd one read "0", I said that's enough and sent the machine back.

I would really be interested if they (LHR) have done any R & D work on this sensor, so I could go out and purchase another machine. But I have a very hard time purchasing something for 2K plus, to have more down-time on it then work time. But on the other hand the 3 projects that I did complete came out excellent.

So if any of you could help me out with LHR’s progress with bettering their design/functionality of the board sensor, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!! Because I would love to get back to carving (without the 20 to 1 down-time to work-time) problems.

-Brian

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2007, 08:49 AM
You might have had a pinched wire from tugging on the sensor wire... I did.... That caused the Zero reading, the pinched wire was shorted to the metal frame. As in most pinched wires, it was intermittent.

The best thing you could do is send it in to be repaired.

There are a lot more HAPPY Carvers on this forum than Un happy Carvers.

Be nice in your tone and you will get all the help you want.

AL

foxmuldr93
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Where can I purchase a board sensor?

Jeff_Birt
03-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Uh...from CarveWright of course. Just give them a call...713-473-6572, or email sales@carvewright.com

You can download the parts list here: http://www.carvewright.com/cms/downloads

Kenm810
03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
The Techs at LHR put a new sealed Board Sensor on my machine while it was in Texas for some repairs and a new "Y" axis motor.
They also installed a new cable shield for the board sensor $5.00 plus labor.
I don't know what the shield is or what it does --- guess I'll find out when the machine gets back.
My warranty ran out last month, -- Sooo

MWM A2019Board Sensor Assembly ---$15.00
MWM P1289Board Cable Guard ---------$5.00*
MWM A2052Y Motor Mount Assembly --$42.50
LaborRepair Labor-------------------- $97.50
Special Shipping 1way ----------------$79.00 Subtotal: $239.00

I've always been happy with LHRs work and it sounded like a realistic price to me
Our company charges $75.00 per hour for me to work on out of shop projects, plus an equal amount for each hour of travel time.
All jobs are quoted -- a minimum half day plus minimum one hour travel time. $375.00

foxmuldr93
03-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Figured that one Birt. Didn't know if someone know of another place to purchase it.