PDA

View Full Version : 1.121 is OUT !!!! Flash Radio Traffic

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2007, 02:12 PM
This is NOT an OFFICIAL Announcement but.... 1.121 is OUT !!!!!!

I made a separate thread as I am sure some are sick of reading all my Anatomy posts...

The Quick and Dirty is I installed the New Z Bundle with the Probe data now entering that unused jack on the left side. Part of the Left Lid Switch wires.

Installed everything today and BUMMER it didn't work... It came up in Scan Area and the Probe showed CLOSED on the Sensor Data...

I called LHR expecting to leave a message but got Henry.... They have 2 Techs answering the Phones on Saturday.... WOW....

I gave him the scoop and he said 1.121 would fix that... WOW....

__________________________________________________ ____________

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/cw_fw_1_121.mwm

Please download the firmware above to a known
location on your computer. Then open the Designer and insert your
flash card into the programmer. Select the File->"Flash Manager...",
when the Flash Manager opens click the Firmware button. Now click
the Choose button from the firmware dialog, and a file browser window
will open. Browse to where you downloaded the firmware
file and open it. The firmware will now be uploaded on to your card.

After you put the card back in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Hit option “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

Press stop until you get back to main menu. It should say Project Menu

__________________________________________________ ____________

Did everything and followed the steps.... You now get the option to select the old Z Truck Probe Connection OR the NEW COVER Option. That did it.......

THEN.... GET THIS..... JUST HAD TO SEEEEEE.....

They FIXED the CENTER OF BOARD SPEED PROBLEM..... It measured the Board like it was in a HURRY....

THANKS LHR......

It is up to YOU if you want to load it....

GOOD LUCK...

AL

Flash Radio Traffic was a Navy Term to describe VERY IMPORTANT Radio Traffic, like the Nuke's are inbound.....

ruggybear
09-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Checked for updates from Designer Help tab and found no update to 1.120 that I am using.

pkunk
09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
It's just a firmware update. I did it for 1 card and we'll see how it works. Don't everyone jump on this at once. Wait a tad & read the comment of those who've tried it.

liquidguitars
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I made a separate thread as I am sure some are sick of reading all my Anatomy posts...

not at all!

LG

newcarver
09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I downloaded the firmware update and installed it to the mem card. It did fix the slow measure feed, other than than, i will post any other improvements or detriments as they appear.

Digitalwoodshop
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
The fast measurement is reason enough to down load it. I really like it.

AL

BobHill
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the information, Al. I downloaded and installed it also onto my Flash card.
Bob

Digitalwoodshop
10-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Bob,

If I had a machine that works I would be cutting now... Thanks to JB Weld I will be back up in the morning. Worked a whole 6 hours after being down 2 weeks...

AL

BobHill
10-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Better living through chemistry, Al <g>. I love all that stuff that J.B. sells.
Bob

Gman_Ind
10-02-2007, 08:39 AM
She ain't pretty but she is allright! get 'R dun.

Kenm810
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
JB Weld Info, http://jbweld.net/index.php

Hank
10-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Is this update for those with a probe or is it a general update for everybody?

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2007, 10:18 AM
LHR decided after they stopped using the Z Homing Sensor that the 2 extra wires in the 16 pin cable that brings in the Power and Data to the Z to switch to a 14 pin cable. The 16 works fine just had 2 un needed wires. A redesign of the connectors on both ends of the 14 pin cable required a new circuit board.

After the 14 pin change they needed to tell the computer that it now had 2 choices to get the probe data. From the old Z Truck jack or from the Jack on the left side of the cover. That is WHY they released 1.121.

While they were at it they fixed the slow measurement problem of 1.120 and it now measures faster with 1.121.

I let the cat out of the bag on Saturday when I did the change to the 14 pin cable myself and after changing everything the computer came up in "Scan Area mode" because of a change on the 14 pin circuit board. A call to LHR on Saturday and the Tech sent me a eMail with a link to 1.121 that then allowed me to select "Cover" vice "Z Truck" to get the Probe data. The unit then worked perfectly.

Will 1.121 work with the 16 pin cable? It appears the answer is YES. If you went and selected "Cover" for probe data, I am not sure what would happen. That is why it is your choice as weather to switch to 1.121 with a 16 pin cable. I don't know what will happen. Both of my units are now 14 pin... The other on it's way back from LHR.

It just happens that using a 14 pin cable that was standard industrial issue had a thicker Pitch or thicker conductors. A Good Thing as Martha Stewart would say.

So the question was, "Should I use it?" The unofficial answer is "It's your Choice" as it gives you better measurement speed. But it is your choice. I don't know if anything bad will happen to your machine. I am not in a position to know.

As posted yesterday in the top LHR section that units needing repair have been getting this part change and units shipped back to the customer have this same set of instructions to upgrade to 1.121. Some posts about this yellow sheet were posted here by users getting there unit back from LHR but it was not understood at the time the significance of that yellow paper to other users.

To me it was like finding the winning Lottery Ticket by someone who threw it away not understanding the value of that piece of paper.

I don't think LHR is very happy with me for posting the link as it was not Officially Released yet.

Again GREAT JOB on 1.121 LHR. This just shows the commitment to Excellence the Engineering Group has for the Development of a Fantastic Product.

Thanks,

AL

sewilliams
10-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks a bunch!! It works great for me.

forqnc
10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
My machine arrived back last Friday, it's still in the box :rolleyes:, anyhow I got an email from LHR Monday saying I needed to upgrade my firmware to 1.121. I'm hoping to get to it tonight, if not tomorrow. I'm taken the day off and that's all I going to work on/with is the machine.

Digitalwoodshop
10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Here is everything you need to know about 1.121.

AL