PDA

View Full Version : Assistance With Pressure of Probe

badger
09-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Just order my probe, I plan on scanning my badge from Sheriffs Department. Its a round badge about 3inches in diameter. It will have a belt holder on attached to the back of it so Im sure I will be able to mount it to the sled without a problem.

Question is when the probe is scanning the outer edges of the badge what kind of pressure does it apply if any that might make it bend alittle and not scan the proper image of the badge if the probe should divert down too much if at all?

Basically the only place it is attached to the sled is near the center of the back of the badge and I just didnt know how much pressure the probe has on the item.

And also any suggestions on how to clear out the two banners on the badge. I want most of the information on there except for my position and name that are on the badge. I just didnt want the probe to pick up those letters on the badge.

Thanks for any input.

mtylerfl
09-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Hello Badger,

Just mount the badge securely enough to the sled so that it will remain absolutely rigid while doing the scan. That might mean that you will need to put something underneath the outer edges so that the badge can't tilt at all.

The probe doesn't apply enough pressure to bend anything, however, it can leave scratches on the surface, just so you know.

As far as removing certain elements from the final scan, you can convert the resulting pattern to a 'png' graphic file using Jeff Birt's excellent software program "Carve Better Pattern Editor".
You can down load it over at AllCW.com: http://allcw.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=837#836

After you have converted the pattern to a graphic, just open it into your photo editing software and make your changes. Re-save the file as a 'png' with a transparent background (I suggest you save it under a different name so you can keep your original in case you need to revert back to it).

You can convert the graphic back into a pattern using Jeff's software then import it into Designer as normal.

Kenm810
09-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi badger,

Here a post that might help, read through the thread, it addresses part of your questions.

Hope it helps

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4506&highlight=clay

badger
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you for the quick responses, That is great information and along with the video I saw in another post seem to answer my questions. Ill let ya all know how it went when my probe arrives.