PDA

View Full Version : Editing a Grouped Set of Patterns/Text

kkelley
09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Is there a way to edit something that has been grouped together? When you click on the group (under carvings on left) it does not show the individual items that were grouped. My project has text, pattern and a routed circle. I just want to edit (delete) the routed circle. When I try to edit just that the entire image goes away. Can anyone help? Kim

woodknack
09-23-2007, 11:31 AM
try clicking on just the circle on your carving list then delete..

kkelley
09-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I did and that is when it deleted the whole image. Could something else be programed that I'm not seeing?

Digitalwoodshop
09-23-2007, 01:28 PM
From your carving list try selecting group. Or select the items and select the group function from the top menu. It must be able to un group somehow. The other day I had a Cut path through and got a fatal error. I was able to select the item then select bit then change bit depth to .99 THEN deselected the cut path.

Another thing you can try is to select the group and copy it to another board the same size. The group might not be locked in the copy and paste. Fix the copy then go back to the first drawing and delete the group and copy the fixed paste back without the circle.

Tried to do a Flip of the bears carving with a cut path within the bear. I would flip the bear but the cut path was locked in stone.

AL