PDA

View Full Version : Is it Safe Yet?

flyfisherman_46
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Quick question, I have bought 2 of these machine earlier this year close to when Sears first started carrying them, but niether one worked for more than a month. The second machine I called Sear for repair and was told I'd have to bring it in which was a 45 mile trip one way. I explained to the Lady that I had had the repairman out to my house twice before to fix this machine and she told me that had been a mistake and that if I needed it fixed I'd have to pack it up there. Needless to say as many times as the thing broke down that was not feasable. aMy question is how are the machines now as far as reliability? Do most of them work correctly for longer than a month now or do I need to wait a little longer to get another one?

RanUtah
09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Call CW and they should send you or e-mail you prepaid label for shipping for UPS. You will need to explain the problems that you have having. They my have you do some testing on the maching with you on the phone. At that time it will be determined if you have to send it in. I had too and the turn around time was excellent. Mine runs like a new machine working correctly.

RC Woodworks
09-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Quick question, I have bought 2 of these machine earlier this year close to when Sears first started carrying them, but niether one worked for more than a month. The second machine I called Sear for repair and was told I'd have to bring it in which was a 45 mile trip one way. I explained to the Lady that I had had the repairman out to my house twice before to fix this machine and she told me that had been a mistake and that if I needed it fixed I'd have to pack it up there. Needless to say as many times as the thing broke down that was not feasable. aMy question is how are the machines now as far as reliability? Do most of them work correctly for longer than a month now or do I need to wait a little longer to get another one?

Yep, call LHR you are wasting your time with Sears! Sears has no clue how to fix the thing, they just sell them. Send both machines to Texas and they will come back better then new!

Rick

oldjoe
09-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Just out of curiosity what was the 5 dollar part you had to get. No real just wondering

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
The $5.00 part was to be the FSC or FCS cable that rids back and forth with the Z bring in all the power and data. My cable is bad. The sent the wrong one twice... The 4 inch long one inside the Z.

Got and installed the Z Bundle today to fix the problem... See Anatomy of Z Bundle and 1.121 is OUT. Z Bundle $52.00 with shipping.

AL

Just saw this today.

m439798765432
09-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Spent all day (Saturday) today working with the software group. The suppervisor finally told me that my sears bought machinehad been sold before and the returned? The prob program was not reloadable, hence even though my named showed as being the registered person the program was deverting back to the first person that had registered. Also the crank assemble has issues, was able to pull apart and reassemble; but, works very tight. This supervisor spent her whole day trying to correct this problem, gave her personal cell #. Is going to send a UPS label to ship to them, and will replace if they can't fix the problem to their satifaction.

In the begining this morning I was ready to use this piece of machinery as a boat anchor, but feel much better with all this help.

Just discussed not able to get started on several of the projects I have to get started.

badger
09-29-2007, 08:07 PM
FlyFisherman 46,

How could you not want a machine like this.... It's worth the trouble..... I have 444 hours on one machine and about 60 on the backup.
AL

lol, they say if you practice something at least 5,000 times your muscles know it so well it becomes second nature. By the looks of your shop Digital I would guess to say all you have to do is throw a board on the machine without hitting any buttons and it will start to carve out one of those racks like it was born to do it....:mrgreen: