PDA

View Full Version : Interupted power

dannirr
09-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

On a carve yesterday, I got repeated interuppted power error (press Enter to continue and then it does).

After about 15 minutes (into a 40 min carve) it never happened again.

I am pretty sure it was not real power fluctuation - could it actually be a lubrication issue - sticky bearings casuing some resistance?

Danni

RC Woodworks
09-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Danni, what was the error? If it was check cut motor it is a common problem and I hate to say it.... it something we all have to live with.

No I had a problem like you mention, I can't remember the exact error but I contined to hit enter and it finished. It is a pain, tell us what the error was, please.

Rick

dannirr
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
There is no error number - simply the carve stops, the bit rises and the display says "INTERUPTED POWER _ PRESS ENTER TO CONTINUE"

Danni

RC Woodworks
09-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh wow that is a new one?! That sounds like a call needed to be made to LHR. Well one thing is your power cord plugged directly to an outlet or an extension cord? Either way i would try a different outlet or cord.

In my portable sign shop the plug my A/C is plugged into went bad and would come on an off. I have had loose wires in extension cords that would interupt power. Then the very last thing may be a loose wire in the cord to the machine.

That is my guess hope I helped?

Rick

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2007, 02:58 PM
It is best to have the Carve Machine on it's own circuit. A Freezer starting on the same circuit could drop the voltage enough to cause this. Or a loose wire in an outlet.

AL

dannirr
09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
My machine is on it's own circuit - in my workshop. Plugged directly into the wall with nothing else. I had already turned my air compressor off and there is nothing else that could cycle on and off. The air conditioner was off too.

What is also interesting - if this was a power interuption (as opposed to a power drop) as the machine says - why was the LCD display unaffected and the program not lost? It continued where it left off when I press ENTER.

I am baffled. I thought perhaps that if the machine senses drag in the bit rotation (dirt etc), perhaps it interprets this as a power issue?

Danni

oldjoe
09-19-2007, 06:49 AM
Could it be a faulty power supply? I have seen them do some strange things to some of out CNC equipment here at work. Just a shot in the dark.