PDA

View Full Version : # 2 machine is back home!

RC Woodworks
09-17-2007, 05:51 PM
My # 2 machine is back home from it's trip to Texas! I do have names for the machines, but my wife doesn't like them! I used a couple of Hispanic names, in love of course! # 1 is John and 2 Joesph!

Anyway back to the return I began using it right away and so far so good. The thing is it is much more quiet then before. Strange and no CCM! I wonder if they figured out the RPM issues?

I had to use my # 2 machine outside at my last fair. It did draw a crowd, but the noise was too loud. With my # 1 machine I bet I could use it outside with no complaints. Yes I had a complaint from the same guy every year who complains about something! But it was too loud.

Has anybody had this experience? Maybe I am just crazy!

Rick

mtylerfl
09-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Hello Rick,

I had one of my machines' spindle replaced a couple weeks ago in Texas and when the machine was returned - wow, is it quieter now!! Much quieter than our other machine!

It was so much quieter, I called LHR to THANK them and let them know how s-m-o-o-t-h running it is. My guess is that the spindle replacement reduced the overall vibration and that probably accounts for the 'lower volume'.

Digitalwoodshop
09-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I am betting it was that they replaced the magnet on the cut motor. Did you get the Check Cut Motor when it was loud? My theory is that when the magnet is NOT functioning properly the computer goes into open loop mode that is full RPM and louder. With a functioning magnet the computer knows how fast the motor is going and the speed is slower as it reserves the speed or power for OAK and other hard wood.

I have been wrong twice in the last 2 weeks.... Servos verses Steppers and thinking the Show e Mail was fake.....

AL

oldjoe
09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
RC Hope all goes well with number 2 Why don't you call number 1 Pete and number 2 Repete. Just a thought. I am board my machine just went down today with another bad board sensor. Second one in less then 2 months. I can't say much except I talked to Dave at LHR and there is a new one on the way. Hope that solves the problem. I blew them and wiped them and still bad. Oh well now I can sit on the forum and get my fix here here.

mtylerfl
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I am betting it was that they replaced the magnet on the cut motor. Did you get the Check Cut Motor when it was loud? My theory is that when the magnet is NOT functioning properly the computer goes into open loop mode that is full RPM and louder. With a functioning magnet the computer knows how fast the motor is going and the speed is slower as it reserves the speed or power for OAK and other hard wood.

I have been wrong twice in the last 2 weeks.... Servos verses Steppers and thinking the Show e Mail was fake.....

AL

Hello AL,

The Tech at LHR didn't mention that they did anything with the cut motor. He said they replaced the spindle/Z-motor/Z-pack.

The original symptoms were simply excessive flex shaft vibration when the cutting head was nearer to the keypad side of the machine and excessive heat being generated by the flexshaft, despite being properly lubricated. We didn't have any CCM message. Diagnosis over the phone (prior to sending in the machine) was that they thought the spindle was the culprit.

RC Woodworks
09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Michael, I do believe that may be it! I sent mine in for spindle related issue. It is so much more quiet! I need to send in my other machine so they can make it quiet! The problem is everything that has gone wrong I fixed!

Oh well I am sure it will make the trip soon!!!!

Rick