PDA

View Full Version : Improving Imported images and text

kkelley
09-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I am new to this machine and would like to know how to improve an image before carving? The image was originally 2D and then I also added text in 2 places and only one of them stands out very much. I'm doing this project for a church's Fall Festival. Any suggestions?

Jeff_Birt
09-16-2007, 11:38 AM
There has been ALOT written in the forums here about importing images for use in Designer. The short story is that Designer interprets shades of grey as carving height. This causes normal images to look like your example.

Use the 'Search' function in the red toolbar near the top of the screen to find out a lot more information; search for something like 'import image'. Jon Jantz did a great set of video tutorials on using CorelDraw to create pattern for the machine. They can be found here: http://allcw.com/Tutorials.html

kkelley
09-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Is there anybody out there that I can pay to help me polish up this design? I am very short on time and becoming very frustrated. I did research the posts you mentioned and they were some help.

DocWheeler
09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
kkelley,

I'm not saying that I can help, but, include the original picture - maybe someone will make it better.

kkelley
09-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for any and all help. I am making ornaments for a church with no profit to me. They make money for their church group. I don't know how to attach from this screen. It asks for the URL ??? This was created in a Paint Shop Pro 9 program and has been saved as both a .gif file and a .pspimage file. How do I attach?

Jeff_Birt
09-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Jon Jantz does make custom patterns. You might shoot him an email: jj@allcw.com

Digitalwoodshop
09-16-2007, 01:48 PM
You can try HT at contact@go3d.us

He did 2 images for me. Here is a picture of one. Fantastic work.

Highly Recommended for guys lacking in the artistic touch and are willing to pay for his talent.

AL

kkelley
09-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I finally figured out how to go to "Go Advance". Here are the images. Some are .jpg and one is a .doc. The .gif file was too large and the preview doesn't show the .doc file ("Share the"). Thanks, Kim

Jeff_Birt
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I just remembered that CarveBuddy has a cornucopia pattern available: http://carvebuddy.com/thanksgiving.html

You can flip it Left-to-right in Designer if you wish, and add the text in in Designer as well.

kkelley
09-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks Jeff. Their theme this year is "Share the Harvest" and that cornucopia isn't very full. I did however email Jon Jantz per your suggestion. I hope once I get this designed I don't have alot of problems with the machine making them. Thanks, Kim

kkelley
09-16-2007, 02:34 PM
I attached the images but I connected them to a subsequent reply, not yours. Sorry from the newbie. If you can help it would be so much appreciated. Based on the image I came up with, how bad is it going to carve as is in your expert opinion? Thanks,

pkunk
09-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Vector art 3D has a nice full one.

kkelley
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Your right they do but I like the other one they have - it is fuller. Have you used theirs before? But which style do I use? A-Regular, B-Dish, or C-Recess. I presume that I would use the download format for CarveWright (.ptn). How can I make my other images of "Share the" and "Harvest (with the wheat) better? When I angle my pattern in the CarveWright designer it has such sharp edges. You guys are the best!

pkunk
09-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Your right they do but I like the other one they have - it is fuller. Have you used theirs before? But which style do I use? A-Regular, B-Dish, or C-Recess. I presume that I would use the download format for CarveWright (.ptn). How can I make my other images of "Share the" and "Harvest (with the wheat) better? When I angle my pattern in the CarveWright designer it has such sharp edges. You guys are the best!
I have alot of their patterns, & they carve very well. I usually use the 'regular', and get the CW PTN download. Try feather, & change your depth/height relationship.

JOHNB
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
throw that photo away and buy a cornucopia and use the text in designer. raise and lower the height to your liking. also the depth. carvebuddy.com has one also.

kkelley
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I did a little earlier today per pkunk's suggestion (see earlier post). I'm now working on the text. Thanks, Kim