PDA

View Full Version : error with Z Axis 246

Norman
09-14-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't know what it is called but I keep getting this error on Z Axis 246 what is this and why am I getting this? I have been having trouble for over a month and first it was a ribbon wire or what ever you call it that came loose and all the cutting went right through the board I fixed that and now I get this Z Axis 246 and can't find a thing on it.
Had to have an operation and now am back on my feet!!!
Thanks for anyone's help!!:
Norman from Lowe's

DocWheeler
09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Norman,

There is a ton of info about this, unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to find.
Search for "Z axis" with the quotes. When I had that problem I needed a Z motor pack. Check the big ribbon cable going to the Z motor, you have lost the connection for the motor itself. It is 24 volts DC, the lower wires in the ribbon cable I think.

LHR will walk you through it.

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Use the options button then 7 and it gets to sensor data. Cover Closed is first. Then use the arrows and find the Z data and look at the number, it should be zero. Manually move the head slowly up and down while watching it count. Any big jumps in numbers is a bad encoder. Smooth counting with your motion is a good indication.

Good Luck,

AL

toothpicks
09-16-2007, 11:52 AM
What rev software are you running?