PDA

View Full Version : Bit flag consistancy

dannirr
09-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I have noticed that the bit flag (to determine bit depth) sometimes comes out all the way (usually with a smart snapping sound), and sometimes barely comes out at all - with the bit then missing the flag.

It is easy to manually move it out all the way - nothing seems to obstruct or bind.

Any ideas?

Danni

Jeff_Birt
09-14-2007, 11:55 AM
If your standing so that you face the Y/Z truck, the lower right corner of the Y-truck contacts the bit plate cam (the little arm) and pops it out. If you have a bit of saw dust build up on these mating surfaces or around the bit flag pivot itself it can cause problems. Make sure everything is clean, and then rub your finger over the mating surface to make sure there is not a burr. If you find a slight burr it can be removed with a really fine (jewelers) file. I apply a drop of bicycle chain wax to my finger a wipe it lightly over the mating surfaces every 3 months or so. It will dry to a wax like constancy and not attract saw dust. What ever you do, please do not use oil as: OIL + SAWDUST = GLUE :p.

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Look at the back where the Z encoder cooling fins are above the cut motor. If that cable in the back right side is hitting the Z Encoder on it's way to the bit flag than it will not reach it..... The cable is the right lid switch motor cut out.

AL