PDA

View Full Version : Any freelance carvers out there?

dominulus
09-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Complaints from the neighbors, city noise regulations--and no room to run the machine inside--forced me to have to return my machine to Sears. And just as I'd ironed out all the kinks!

I'm having CW withdrawals.

Do any of you do freelance work? (I would send you the lumber and an MPC file burned on a disk.) Please send me a private message with your hourly rates.

Many thanks for all your help in the past--and in the future.

dominulus

DocWheeler
09-14-2007, 10:04 AM
dominulus,

I'm sorry to hear of your need to get rid of your machine, I can understand the hurt you feel.

You obviously thought of many alternatives, but had you thought about partnering with someone in your area who has a sutiable location? Perhaps post a request here for someone who knows someone in your area.

Just a thought.

JOHNB
09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I Would Have Come Up With Some Kinda Solution. Ain't No One Taking My Machine From Me Without Prying My Cold ,dead Hands Off Of It. :)

Dubliner
09-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Dominulus, I'm in Austin, Texas & my machine is not very busy as I'm working on my shop. I'd be glad to do some things for you. I'm sure it would be cheaper for me to get the wood & mail the finished project to you - let me know - Dubliner