PDA

View Full Version : Close cover error

pamjmayo
09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Could someone be kind enough to tell me where the close cover switch is? I'm fluctuating between close cover and z axis error. I tried removing the handle to see if it was the way I installed my new handle and all that has happened is I no longer have a clutch. I'm having a pity party. If someone has the answer to this bevy of problems, please let me know. I'm trying to give Chris and David a rest for today. Pam

Jeff_Birt
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM
The close cover switch is towards the front (keypad end) of the machine on the right. The wiring harness plugs into a small board front left (you can see it through the slots). DigitalWoodShop has posted some pictures that would probably turn up in a search.

As for the handle. As you tighten the screw down you turn the handle to get it to seat properly.

Digitalwoodshop
09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Pam,

Sorry about your troubles but here is what should be a quick fix for the Cover Switch problem.

The plug is the first thing to look at. It's a wire set that comes from the keyboard side of the cover. If you close the cover very slow and listen at the switch you should hear it click. The one on the right too, it's the cut motor cut out switch.

On your keypad select Options then 7 then find Sensor Data, the first one is the left cover switch. It will be open or closed.

Now the Plug.... The wires go from the left switch down the left side of the cover to the back. It goes under the Y motor then toward the center in the back. If you look through the slits in back where the cut motor drive cable comes out you will see what's in my picture. That white plug will vibrate loose as you can't glue it. It is removed when you pull the top cover off. If you crank your head up, you might be able to get your fingers in under the roller and push it in. Another trick I have used is slide something through the slit like a very long screwdriver and push it in. Power off when doing this with something metal please..... Could short something. Give that a try and let us know.

The vibrating close cover plug can show up as a Z Stall too.....

Another thing with the Z is look down the slot on top where the Z drive cable goes in and from top push the z up and down. I had a problem with the drive cable catching on the underside of the cover because I had not positioned it all the way down when I was working on it.

Good Luck,

AL

The second picture is the Z Truck drive cable catching on the under side of the cover and causing a stall. Keep an eye on that area. Re adjusted the top cover to fix that.

pamjmayo
09-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Jeff and Al, Thank you! I've printed off both of your answers and I'm off to the shed to see if I can work it out. You guys are great. Pam