PDA

View Full Version : Box from hell...

RanUtah
09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
This last week I recieved my machine back from CW due to a repair. I was here when UPS arrived and met the driver at the truck. The first thing I noticed was that the box was upside down and the driver was tapeing up the bottom. At first glance I thought that the box wasn't mine but it still had the original sticker on it when I purchased it from Sears. I couldn't believe though the condition it was in. It was all rough looking like it had been tumbled down a hill. All the edges were scaped hard along with the sides. My fear was opening the box and seeing a busted up machine. Luckly the packing that the machine comes with protected it. Since then I have carved 2 small projects and everything seems to be fine. (knock on wood as they say) My box orginally was in prestine condition. I'm just afraid that if I have to send it in again, CW is going to have to replace the box.

Have any of you other guys had a similar experiance?

pamjmayo
09-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Yes, it happened to me once too. Chris asked me to send a picture of the box to him so they could be reimbursed. As luck would have it, my camera broke that very day.

Kenm810
09-09-2007, 08:45 AM
RanUtah,

Same here, the box was in pristine condition when it left for Texas the first time,
And retuned somewhat scuffed around the edges.
For it’s second trip I double taped all the edges along plus the top and bottom.
The box looked like it had been dragged behind the truck most of the way back this time.
I can’t blame LHR, I’m sure they would have never shipped a box in that condition.

Fortunately for me, we ship and receive all kinds’ packages, boxes, and crates in and out of our building every day.
We always keep a digital photo record of every shipping label
and a condition report and photos on any damage to everything going out and coming in.

I know very well that would be an impossible task for the average CC or CW machine owner.
But emailing a photo of the box that was damaged in transit to the original Company or Shipper
can go a long way in resolving any claims for damage to contents and saving you some headaches and grief later on.
It works for us.

ps. the hard part is getting the driver
to pose with the damaged box.

RanUtah
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Your right Ken. It's for sure a UPS problem. I guess I should have posed with my box.;)

Kenm810
09-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I ran across this, it was its posted on the Net a while back
sound familiar any one. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

"Please inspect your packages before signing for them. If there is visible damage to the box, then ask the delivery driver if s/he will allow you to open and inspect the contents before you sign for it (some drivers will, some won't). If the driver will not allow you to open a visibly damaged package, then either refuse it or sign the ticket and take a picture, noting the package is damaged. We're sure delivery drivers try and take great care of your package (wink) but sometimes mishaps do occur, as this customer informed us of below."

My wife backed out of the garage and ran over your packages because the delivery personal were too dumb to leave the packages at the front door. Please explain to the wonderment of whom ever deliver the packages, why leaving purchased items against a garage door makes any sense.

Sincerely,

liquidguitars
09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
After a service in Texas, the CW shipping box was trashed but worse the styrafoam was pulverized on the bottom. I guess that would take a 5' drop.
I still have not got my table ajusted after the shipping. :mad: :rolleyes:

LG