PDA

View Full Version : motor spins during measure

newcarver
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I got my rpm sensor and installed it, fired it up and when i hit enter after inserting bit, motor did not spin, shut her down and tried again, worked, thenwhen it was returning from the bit plate it began to turn again, only a few turns, but it turned. Why? don't know. Turned it off, tried again went fine, then on the way to the bit plate after inserting bit it fired up again for no reason. Is it time for a new machine yet? Obviously it should not act up like that. New parts everywhere, still not right.

Digitalwoodshop
09-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Only one thing.... A new Computer..... inside the Carve Machine...

I wouldn't trust it now. CarveWright should tell you to stop using it for liability reasons and get it in there shop and give you a new machine. If not.... and you get hurt.... Bad..... Motor starting when it should not.... Immediate RECALL.... of that unit.

Be careful.

AL

newcarver
09-07-2007, 04:39 PM
chris had me go throught checking all the wires to make sure they were tight, has not done it again. if it does it will be going back for sure and i will demand a new one. Demand is a strong word, but in this case i believe it is proper. I asked about that also, what if it spins when i'm changing a bit? mentioned sending unit back... I shall be extra careful.

Semper Fi
09-08-2007, 06:21 AM
The motor shouldn't be able to spin when the cover is open............. unless the cover switch has been bypassed. The switch is in series with the power to the motor. But Murphy's Law always prevails!

Ernie

newcarver
09-08-2007, 09:21 AM
For now i will just do projects where i don't change bit, or i will break up projects into parts for separate bits. Just to be careful. I f it does it again i will send it back for replacment..