PDA

View Full Version : Manual Error - Minimum Width Spec

Bill Hightower
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
On page 28 of my manual it lists the minimum board width at 1.5 in. When I load a 1.5 in. board, the software specifies a minimum width of 1.75 in. I assume the the software is correct since it won't use the 1.5 in. board.

Bill

Digitalwoodshop
09-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Bill,

Welcome to the Forum, I see this is your first post.

To work around the thin board issue I ganged 3 together on a piece of 1/4 inch plywood and just used location of my artwork in designer to put text on all three pieces.

I made the plywood longer than needed. I cut some blocks the same size and put them on the end with masking tape. I put my 3 rails on the sled and masking taped them. I put end blocks of scrap on the other end so it could stay under the roller.

I can now just put rails between the blocks and do more anytime. I do the same with 11 inch wide boards but scraps making bears from scraps.

Anyone wanting to conserve wood can use this sled idea and just put 3 blocks on... I use a 5 1/2 inch long block and start my artwork 6 inches from the right side of designer to get into my wood and stay out of the scrap end block. I also use option 3 place on end for ease of placement.

AL

I just saw the error on the last picture. The Artwork starts on the right side of designer not the left.