PDA

View Full Version : Depth setting after scanning?

Lin
09-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Are you suppose to change the depth setting on a scan after you download it go to save it. At that point it asks you for a name for the file and has the original depth of the scan in the little box upper left. Are you suppose to change that depth...like the cherubs that I did rescan and another piece that I have recently scanned are both over 1" on that depth setting and other are almost 1". Should I be changing that setting cause the CW cannot carve over 1" deep? and if so what the norm to set depth at?
Thanks,
Linda

mtylerfl
09-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Are you suppose to change the depth setting on a scan after you download it go to save it. At that point it asks you for a name for the file and has the original depth of the scan in the little box upper left. Are you suppose to change that depth...like the cherubs that I did rescan and another piece that I have recently scanned are both over 1" on that depth setting and other are almost 1". Should I be changing that setting cause the CW cannot carve over 1" deep? and if so what the norm to set depth at?
Thanks,
Linda

Hello Lin,

Use your own discretion for the depth setting.

Any depth over an inch, you will likely want to type in a lower amount.

Most folks will be probably be carving on 3/4" thick stock lumber. Often that helps you decide / determine a reasonable default depth setting to enter before saving the pattern.

Of course, the end-user can always change the depth / height manually themselves when they use the pattern in Designer, but new users may not initially be aware of that. It's remotely possible a newbie could carve through a board if the default pattern depth is 3/4" or more.

Lin
09-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Michael, I was thinking that I should be chnging it but wasn't sure what to do. Up until recently I hadn't scanned over 1" but have came close a couple times. Will make sure an reset the depth on all that I"m scanning now if close to .750" or more.
Lin