PDA

View Full Version : Have you became a CW listener?

RC Woodworks
09-03-2007, 10:21 PM
For those of us who are parents and remember when our kids were babies. When were always listening to sounds our childeren made. At night, during the day a cough a laugh a burp! We were in tune!

I find myself doing the same thing with my CC!! Oh what was that sound, what was that part? Did the cough sound ok? Or it is just fine listen to it purr!!

Am I the only one who does this? If so please help me!!!!!

Rick

yellowdog
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Thats funny. I thought I was the only nut who sits in the vicinity of the running machine listening for changes and making sure everything is alright.
It must be the father in us!
Do you think we will have to send the carvewright to college as well? uhg!!:lol:

RC Woodworks
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
LOl I don't know about college, I think I may have to pay off someone to get mine through high school!!!

Rick

Digitalwoodshop
09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, I listen too.... The worst sound it every made was when the Orphan spit out a carving bit about 2 min into a carving and then the head came down on it spinning at full speed and really tore up the wings on the bottom of the quick connect. I was sitting in the Laser Shop listening to it on the wireless intercom.... I couldn't get the 25 feet to the Carve Machine fast enough..... Had to replace the chuck it was so badly damaged...

I still want to hook up a remote stop using the lid switch wires and a relay so I can turn it off from the Laser Shop or house. I listen as I cook Dinner in the house too. A video feed would round off this Child watchng.....

Still need to pick up an enclosure for the relay and a 24 volt AC Lawn Sprinkler power supply to finish the remote dust collector on and off using the vacuum cleaner on off switch I picked up. Tests show when the cut motor starts this box turns on... Measuring does not turn it on, so it's perfect for the auto dust collection on off.

Oops.... 11:30 PM.... No Overtine.... Should have been out of here at 11.....

As I mentioned in my AL's GLote tonight, it did Air Carve a bear and I didn't even notice.... The last one is done and it was fine...

AL

RC Woodworks
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Al, ok I am fine .......you? you ain't right!!!!

Rick

yellowdog
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
We are definently warped individuals!

liquidguitars
09-04-2007, 09:23 AM
How about hearing the unit after it turned off :eek: hmmmmmmm hmmmm

darn voices in my head make it stop :D

LG

newcarver
09-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Learning the sounds of any machine is natural to me. Mine makes several noises i don't like and some i hear and know its not going as intended.

Kenm810
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Or Hearing it at 2:00 in the AM. --- In your Sleep while you’re Dreaming
that you keep getting error messages one after another.
Then in the Morning you wake up exhausted,
from tying to get your machine working right all night. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Digitalwoodshop
09-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes, your right.... I ain't right.... Two words... "Paint Fumes".....

Was here at 06:45 to start carving only to have my machine go down.... Put it aside for now, need to finish the staining so it can dry before the rain comes. Bearing problem.

AL

911guy
09-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Not only that, but I find myself hovering over the darn viewing area to make sure it's carving in the right place! Kinda like watching to make sure your kid's chest is still going up and down and breathing at bedtime! Sad....