PDA

View Full Version : Answer to the Quick Question...

Kel
09-03-2007, 05:58 PM
... I bought the machine.

Wouldn't budge on the price, but there was only 7 hours on the cut meter. Fired it up at the hotel and, with the exception of a clear board sensor error, it went right to work.

The only problem I can see is that when the board motors in or out quickly (i.e. not while carving, only while measuring) it's very loud, much louder than stepping the board for carving.

I'll let you know how it turns out when I get it home (and after I order the missing carvers etc.)

Kel

Digitalwoodshop
09-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Kel,

Good Luck with the machine. Only 7 hours.... Just like a Virgin.... Over time you will get used to the normal sounds... The X drive or San Paper drive can be very noisey....

If you are serious about carving then a must have in repair parts would be the X gear that breaks when there is a Jam. About $5.00 and a set of Sand Paper Belts too.

Good Luck,

AL

Kel
09-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks Al.

I'm actually missing a couple parts to the machine (carving bit, bit adjustment tool) so I figure that once I get everything home, I'll order up a care package from CW with all the extras in it while I try and figure it all out.

Still can't understand why Sears took the machine back. Either it was broken and it should've gone for warranty repair, or (more likely) the guy just wasn't getting it to do what he wanted and it should've been restocked. Not that I'm complaining since, at the moment, I think I got a pretty good deal. I'll be able to confirm that once I've actually carved or cut something other than a little tiny hole in a scrap piece of wood. But at least I know that everything seems to work at the moment.

Kel

911guy
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
... I bought the machine.

Fired it up at the hotel
Kel

You certainly are Brave Kel.....at the Hotel - must have made a bit of noise? Wow!

Digitalwoodshop
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Brave was the lady that hung her long wedding dress from that convenient pipe sticking out of the ceiling in her hotel room..... You guessed it..... Sprinkler System.....

I would have loved to been the firemen that first saw her... looking like a wet puppy....

AL

Kel
09-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Made a little noise, but more sawdust. Was only able to do panel tasks (actually just did a cross and rip cut) because of a lack of proper software and only the cutting bit.

But flashed it up today at home and found what probably caused the guy to return it in the first place: z-axis stall. I guess that's why he thought he had a burned out motor, but it was the only fault I found on the card and I haven't had any problems with the little work I've tried. Will have to throw something together in designer later on and see how it fares. Also updated the firmware, so maybe that'll help too.