PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird Finished

mtylerfl
09-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Hello,

The other day I posted some "Works in Progress" and this is the Hummingbird project that I finished today.

Wood: Pine
Dimensions: 8" x 11"
Finish:
1) Bullseye Sanding Sealer - one light coat (2 parts sealer/3 parts Denatured Alcohol)
2) Stain - Minwax 'Sedona Red' #222
3) Clearcoat - Minwax Clear Satin Wipe-On Poly (3 coats)
4) Gold Stripe Accent - Elmer's Fine Point Gold Metallic Paint Marker

BobHill
09-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Now THAT is one impressive piece of work, Michael, especially done in pine.

Bob

Kenm810
09-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Michael,

That one's a Winner
So much detail in 8" x 11"
Barb's beating me on the shoulder
telling me she want's one
Great Project http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Marcusb
09-02-2007, 02:52 PM
be available on your web site? I want that for my hummingbird obsessed wife.

mtylerfl
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
be available on your web site? I want that for my hummingbird obsessed wife.

Hello,

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments about the hummingbird project. I really enjoyed doing that one.
My wife has already found a home for it on one of our dining room walls!:D

The design is made from two commercial patterns and two mpc's.
(one mpc for the hummingbird/flower oval, and another for just the flowers that are carved separately for the outer frame appliqué)

The hummingbird pattern is at:
http://www.carvebuddy.com/birds.html

The flower pattern is at:
http://www.carvebuddy.com/flowers.html

Anyone who already owns both of those patterns, I will be very pleased to email you complimentary mpc's for the project. (Please email me with any mpc requests via the CarveBuddy website though, so we aren't using the forum for 'business' matters.)

liquidguitars
09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
looks sweet nice work.. like the color 2

LG

Lin
09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Micheal, Are you using the clip feature to clip the flower pattern with in the software?
Lin

www.go3d.us
09-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow!!! That's all I can say. Wow!!!

mtylerfl
09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Micheal, Are you using the clip feature to clip the flower pattern with in the software?
Lin

Hi Lin,

Yes indeed, I am...when you drag a pattern into a carve region that overlaps the region's border, set feathering to "none" for the pattern, right-click the pattern, select "Clip Carving: Inclusive"

Here is an example of the "before and after" Clip Carving: Inclusive...

Lin
09-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Thank-you so much for the quick response. I had been tinkering around with a couple patterns and couldn't figure out how to overlay them and finally came across the clip option..but never used it correctly. Thanks for the explanation.
Your humming bird came out just gorgeous. Sedona Red is one of my favorite stains...I also like English Chesnut and tend to use those two as much as possible when staining.
Lin

Jon Jantz
09-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Michael, that is truly one of the finest pieces I've seen produced yet. Good job.

mtylerfl
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Michael, that is truly one of the finest pieces I've seen produced yet. Good job.

Thank you - it's amazing what the CompuCarve/CarveWright enables us to accomplish! Great machine(s)!