PDA

View Full Version : How to Store Your Machine

Mike Ray
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey all, First post. Still gettin used to the system. I've had it since February but I just started using it. I was running it on the floor and did this setup. I had to mod the table. I thought it would bolt right up sunce it was like a Planer....Nope.

Anyway I got it mounted and I will run a job on it to see how steady it is tomorrow.:p

Kenm810
08-31-2007, 08:30 PM
WoW Guys look Mike's is a transformer, Mine can't do that! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Any way Mike Welcome to the wood chippers Forum.
Remember to use the Search option and post lots of photos
And oh yes, you are allowed to ask questions. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
So make yourself at home ---- we'll be expecting great thing from you
no pressure ---- http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

eagle1
09-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Mike,
Nice job on the set-up, looks easy to move and with a long enough extension cord, you could take the CW to the movies with you and keep on carving. How does it carve in the vertical position?
Welcome to the forum.
Dean

Reset
09-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Now that's different. :D I like it!

Tommy

rjustice
09-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Nice job!... welcome aboard!

Ron

Dave-Carve
09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Thats an intresting Point :confused:"how does it carve vert pos" I gotta try that!!
If I tape door close and angle to 90 degrees It will sure help on the DUST towards the motor end ???:D
Intresting!!!! HOW ABOUT UPSIDE DOWN ?? It should Work ??? At Least you wont drop any Bits!!!

CANT WAIT:rolleyes:

Mike Ray
09-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Won't carve side ways, but it moves and stores well. Just wish the base was not plastic...

That way I can roll it outside if I want and runn it!!!

BobHill
09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Mike,

I sure do like American ingenuity and side businesses because of side businesses. Great concept, although I'm not sure I like jousting the machine much, particularly when it's on its side. That's a great idea for those that need to travel where larger wheels than casters are needed.

Bob

Mikewiz
09-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey mike,

Where did u purchase that stand. That is perfect for me. Thanks, Mike

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey, Carve Vertical and no more dust problems....... It all falls away....

Great Idea....

AL

Mike Ray
09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
It came from Lowes. Had to mod the brackets with a drill bit so the holes would line up. I also took the Rubber feet off the unit. I put a metal washer on top of the plastic hole to add strength.

kwin
09-02-2007, 05:31 PM
And I thought I was the only one. Here is mine with vac.:lol:
Also a sign I make for the house.5597

Dave-Carve
09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Now that looks just like my Dewalt Table saw stand:cool: ??????
NICE JOB!!!

But Mike has the the ROLLER Extensions i Like to !!!!!!!

BobHill
09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Great idea, except for the whole thing being used outside the shop. I can't imagine doing much work on it in our high 90° to 100+° temperatures here in Florida. <g> That's not something I'm willing to give up my A/C for. :cool:

Bob