PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor and other issues

Dega
08-30-2007, 03:32 PM
OK, I've had the machine several months with no real issues. In fact, overall I have been thrilled with the product (the Centerline bait and switch aside)

In using the design software, I kept getting a message to upgrade my firmware on the card which I dutifully ignored.

Well last weekend I went ahead and did the upgrade and every carving since then has gone through the all the steps but when it starts to carve it runs for about 1.5 seconds then gives me the CCM error. All I have to do is hit stat and the it then does the carving from start to finish with no problems.

Don't know if that is usefull info, but it does tell me that the machine is not the issue

The other thing is that after I did that upgrade, I lost the little preview of a carving in the lower right hand corner of the designer software. The black window is there but when I select a carving it doesn't preview there anymore

Any thoughts from you veterans out there who have had these machines longer than my 4 months?

Thanks in advance
Russ

Lin
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Russ, I'm not a veteran..Have had my machine less time than you. Have always ran the upgraded version since I bought it in June. I get the little preview of the pattern in the little black box and have not so far...(crossing my fingers as I type this) gotten the dreaded CMM error.
Lin

Digitalwoodshop
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Check my post in the troubleshooting section, "Anatomy of the Cut Motor 101" with pictures. Your magnet on the motor has let go and your motor is now running at FULL SPEED Open loop mode now. Normally it runs in a closed loop mode and runs about 3/4 speed with reserve if it needs it. The magnet tells the computer it's speed. If a cut is bogging down the computer knows and slows down the feed speed.

The replacement motor has a new holder for the magnet and will not fail... Check out my pictures in that post.

Good Luck,

AL 400 hours 2 machines.

To test for the magnet use the option key, sensor test, and up down arrows to cut motor. Hand turning the shaft will cause the counter to count up with each revolution in test mode. Bad magnet no counting.