PDA

View Full Version : nothing on the screen, please help!

ur2slo
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I just got my machine, updated the software, put the card in, turned on the machine and the words came up, froze then dissapeared. no error code, I adjusted the contrast but still no words on the machine screen. I placed the card in/out of the machine with the words up but still nothing. I put the card back in the programming card housing and put on a simple design, replaced uploaded and saved to card, put card back in machine and still nothing on the screen but the contrast bar.
Did I get a bad machine? it is brand new from sears! Please help!!

Thanks,

Keoni

JOHNB
08-29-2007, 06:06 AM
LHR Technologies, Inc.
4930 Allen Genoa Road
Pasadena, TX 77504
Phone: 713-473-6572
Hours: 9:00 - 6:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
THEY ALSO HAVE AN 800 NUMBER?
YOU MIGHT NEED THE EXPERTS ON THAT ONE....

Gman_Ind
08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I had similar issue DOA after a few minutes.
I took mine back to Sears, and started over with machine #2,
One nice thing about Sears is the no hassle return policy. I would call Sears and see what the order time is for a new one, you will actually return the machine and order a new one.
I also ended up sending my #2 machine to LHR eventually and I believe that it is better because of it. I had multiple issues addressed with this trip and it came back home looking and smelling brand new. (Working better than new)

Mikewiz
08-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Try reflashing your card. I had this problem and called cw and they had me erase my projects from the card and reflash the card. That worked for me.

ur2slo
08-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try that when I get home and let you all know if it fixed it or not. If it does not fix it then I will just return it to Sears and wait a few years till all the bugs are worked out. $2,000 is too much to spend on something that still has a lot of problems to work out. I was all set to buy all the add bits/probe and a bunch of wood. Real bummer, I was so looking forward to using/playing with the machine. (.......please work....please work....please work.......:cry:

Digitalwoodshop
08-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Make sure the card is in right side up. Still no luck then with the machine plugged in lay it down on it's back, the end that the Motor cable comes out of and slightly tap on the unit.

If the display comes on then it is a bad power supply coil and one option is they send you a replacement board. Or you take it back.

This machine requires much more skill to operate than a table saw. It has a learning curve that some people find way over there head and lash out with bad comments. If they sat you in the Space Shuttle and said operate it the frustration would be overwhelming. If you are willing to work through the problem and learn the machine it will give you years of service and joy.

Usually the first post most people make is..... My head is cranked all the way up and it won't come down.... It's in the manual and on the forum how to fix it. Once you get a operational machine sit down and read the forum. Every problem you have someone else has already had it before.... The answers are here just read them.

Good Luck,

AL

ur2slo
09-03-2007, 01:18 AM
I just got home after being away for three days and the machine was unpluged. I tried the machine again by removing the card while off, then placing it back in the machine making sure it is the right way in and all the way in. I then pluged the machine in and turned it on but I still only get the contrast lines and no wording.
I turned the machine off and removed the card and put it in the card reader, turned on the computer with the reader in the port. the green light is lit and the computer sees it ok. I started the desogner program and it runs fine. I go to reformat the card but i get an error code 126. A coose firmware dialog box appears and it says default firmware 1.120 and installed firmware BAD.

So I guess the card itself is bad? Anyone have this issue? I will try and call CW tomorrow to get help and maybe a new card.

liquidguitars
09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds like the smart card, try a reboot of the computer, and a format of the card a few times if you can, then add 1.120

LG

BobHill
09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
It could also be that you need to re-format your Flash Card and reinstall a fresh version of version 1.120. But in any case, give LHR a call and they can talk you through a few tests before having to send the whole machine back.

Bob

ur2slo
10-14-2007, 12:56 AM
I had some hassles with the tech support. I was on with them for around 30 minutes to try and workout the problem. They said it was the card and I needed to get a new one. They initially wanted me to pay for the shipping for a new card since I live in Hawaii. I politely told her that was not acceptable since this was a new machine that never worked. The Tech put me on hold for 8 minutes to go ask her supervisor if they would be willing to pay for the shipping. After the 8 minutes she said they would pay for the shipping for the card and would send it out in a few days since it was Friday. I waited a week and a half (shipping is slow to hawaii) and still never received the card. I took the machine back to Sears to be able to get my money back before the 30 days were up.
I am very disapointed that I did not even get to make one cut with the machine. I really want a CW but I will really have to think hard about getting another machine until all the bugs are worked and before paying two grand for another machine tha I got hassles of having to pay for the shipping on a part that weighed a few ounces, what happens if I ever have to send the whole machine back. I still do want to get the CW but will wait to see what the future brings as in customer service and machine operation.