PDA

View Full Version : Just in case this happens to you

RC Woodworks
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Well I am back from another fair. I had to use my #2 machine # 1 is at LHR, anyway besides a board sensor error I had something starnge happen. The brass roller that measures the length of the board became difficult to move. I know it should free spin.

I tried compressed air rolling by hand nothing. With only 2 screws holding the plate it is attached to I removed the plate. What had happen was the rubber washer slipped and was jamming the roller.

A quick movement and back in business! So if you get a measure error check to see if the rubber washer slipped. It will save a dime for a phone call.

I am testing the my CC for commercial use, at the fairs it runs most of the day. Both machines have paid for theirself. The bummer is and this is not a knock to the machine, but it is SLOW!!!!! Lol but it saves my back for sure! Plus when I go back to my motorhome at the end of the day I let it carve. When I get back I have a sign to finish. So far commercially it can withstand.

My #1 machine was sent back due to a clip being off in the Z truck. I was sent a new Z motor because my vertical movement of the Z truck had no resistance. A new Z motor didn't help so it was determine it was a cip in the Z truck.

Just thought I would share my discovery. I am sure our CC genuis' have already discovered this! This is for the rest of us who didn't!!! :)

Rick

BobHill
08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Rick.

Bob

Gman_Ind
08-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks Rick, there are lots of moving parts in this machine and they all need to be able to move.
This type of issue would be great in a trouble shooting section, I have seen in manuals many times in the past, a section with error codes/situations, and possible cause and the resolve.
Thats a good one for the suggestion box, I think I saw that suggestion posted before but a trouble shooting matrix here on the forum would be very helpful. Quite a bit of work but it would be very helpful.