PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting closer?

Lin
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I've been playing around with pics....Trying to use every graphics program I have and then using the probe software next...Please look at the pics and the PTN below and tell me if I'm getting close. Pic is a color starting point the one after I had cleaned and grayscaled it and tinkered with it in the probe software..then the PTN.
Thanks for taking a look for me. I don't think its ready to carve but hopefully I'm getting somewhere...lol
Lin

liquidguitars
08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
cool cat!

LG

911guy
08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
I've been playing around with pics.... I don't think its ready to carve but hopefully I'm getting somewhere...lol
Lin

Well Lin, I am no expert with pattern making but I'd say that looks most excellent! Very cool pattern! In my limited knowledge with patterns, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't carve nicely.

Gman_Ind
08-26-2007, 10:27 PM
It looks really sharp. it also reminds me of a rubber stamp, I saw a user here use a carving for stamping, wow more projects to make.

usd5000000
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Hello Lin,

What are you trying to make with your cat?

I was thinking about starting a tiger or cat pattern/project.

Jeff

Lin
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Not really trying to make anything...just playing with the software I have trying to make flat rounded....lol
The tiger pic caught my eye and my son loves Tigers (I have made all my siblings and children a segmented piece with the exception one of my sisters...(I have her lighthouse in Process) and the piece I owe my son (he wants a tiger)...that's sorta how come I picked this pic to play with. Have some other ideas to try when I have time...
I doubt if my son will let me off with a CW tiger even if I can get a good pattern of a tiger...lol
Lin