PDA

View Full Version : cut motor board

newcarver
08-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Cut motor board died today, carving a sign and up popped the dreaded check cut motor message, hit enter and carved a letter and died(machine kept moving) shut her down and restarted, after the insert bit, no cut motor startup. Bummer... Called LHR, didnt even have to call me back, waited maybe a min and there they were. Their support has gotton faster by far. New board on its way. I guess i have to flip the machine on its back like a wounded turtle and pull the bottom off to replace this. Should be interesting. 126 hrs, 7th in the major problem list so far. At least its not the z-motor(3 of those) of the board sensor(3 of those also). I still like the machine, just wish it would be a bit more dependable. I will be able to save the sign at least, just run the project again once the machine is fixed.

Digitalwoodshop
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
There is just one screw holding the board. Make sure your magnet is still there when you remove the board, you can just look inside.

Betting your heat shrink gave way and the ball of stuff hit against you board. If you need heat shrink drop me a line.

AL

See my motor post with pictures.

newcarver
08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
the lhr rep said it was the board underneath the machine. extermination board or something like that, its the board the controls the cut motor and the sandpaper belts.

newcarver
08-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I got the board, replaced it, it was the x termination board underneath the machine. Still no go. Now when the truck moves side to side there is a click in it, indicating to me that a tooth broke when the motor stopped carving and the maching kept going on its way. Called cw and left message indicating such. I think now i need a cut motor and a x motor pack...

update--
Called tech and went through a few thing and the darn thing ran fine, after hanging up with the tech i had it try to finish the project i was working on and within 2 min it stopped with the check cut motor error please press enter, hit enter and it didnt start, but did drop and strted moving like it was carving, turned power off to avoid stripping any gears. Called tech back and now have y motor on its way and cut motor. I have not seen a pdf on installing cut motor or y motor, anyone have one or instruction of some sort?