PDA

View Full Version : Star & text problem

jspringertx
08-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Deleted problem solved.

liquidguitars
08-24-2007, 12:05 AM
check to see if your bits are tight in the adapters if ok, check your z pack next.

LG

Iwood2
08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
please post the file so we can check and see how it was designed

jspringertx
08-24-2007, 07:12 AM
please post the file so we can check and see how it was designed

The star is a copyrighted image and I can't post the file.

RanUtah
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
You can't post it because it is copyrighted or is there another reason?

jspringertx
08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I cannot post a copyrighted image on this forum. That is the only reason.

oldjoe
08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
If everything that has been recomended checks out okay. You could try this reflash your card and reinstall the design another thing is It might be okay to post the pattern because if you go to your patterns and click on the library and look in there I think there is a star pattern in there that looks very similar to the one you are carving put that in the place of the one you have thats copywrighted then post that or just try that one and carve that one, Just a thought.

jspringertx
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
If everything that has been recomended checks out okay. You could try this reflash your card and reinstall the design another thing is It might be okay to post the pattern because if you go to your patterns and click on the library and look in there I think there is a star pattern in there that looks very similar to the one you are carving put that in the place of the one you have thats copywrighted then post that or just try that one and carve that one, Just a thought.

I sent a copy of the mpc to CarveWright to see what is going on.
I tried another piece of poplar (now I will try pine).
1. I inserted the card and selected the project on the screen.
2. It asked me if I was going to use a 90 degree bit.
3. I said yes and it asked me to insert the bit.
4. I did nad it went thru the normal bit checks and board surface checks.
5. It then asked me if I was going to use the 1/16" carving bit.
6. I said yes and it stopped to allow me to change the bit to a 1/16" carving bit.
7. It checked the bit, did a surface check and began carving the star.
8. When it finished the star it asked me if I was going to use the 90 degree bit.
9. I said yes and the unit did a bit check and surface check and didn't stop to allow me to change the bit.
10. It then proceeded to carve the letters with the 1/16" bit.
The star was fine and everything worked just fine until it carved the letters.

pkunk
08-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I sent a copy of the mpc to CarveWright to see what is going on.
I tried another piece of poplar (now I will try pine).
1. I inserted the card and selected the project on the screen.
2. It asked me if I was going to use a 90 degree bit.
3. I said yes and it asked me to insert the bit.
4. I did nad it went thru the normal bit checks and board surface checks.
5. It then asked me if I was going to use the 1/16" carving bit.
6. I said yes and it stopped to allow me to change the bit to a 1/16" carving bit.
7. It checked the bit, did a surface check and began carving the star.
8. When it finished the star it asked me if I was going to use the 90 degree bit.
9. I said yes and the unit did a bit check and surface check and didn't stop to allow me to change the bit.
10. It then proceeded to carve the letters with the 1/16" bit.
The star was fine and everything worked just fine until it carved the letters.
That's where YOU went wrong. When it asks for the second bit, that's when you do it. It doesn't do the second centering thing it did the first time. User error, but we learn from our mistakes. :D

jspringertx
08-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I will try the project again tomorrow, but I don't follow the logic of the inserting the second bit.

Why did it ask for the bit the first time and stop for me to insert it and then stop for the centering bit?

It never gave me a chance to enter the 90 degree bit.

I may make mistakes, but after working with computers for 20+ years I don't understand the logic that it is using.

liquidguitars
08-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday and had to stop. :rolleyes: sometimes the truck will move to the center in a project Q not asking you to hit enter at all. Do not hit enter but insert the next bit. This is standered in some of my mpc projects.

O.T. Jeff's carve in the dark LCD will help you see what going on better.

LG

pkunk
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Don't try to 'out logic' the CW firmware. When it asks for the second bit & stops, change it, then push enter. Trust me!:)

jspringertx
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Don't try to 'out logic' the CW firmware. When it asks for the second bit & stops, change it, then push enter. Trust me!:)

It didn't ask for the second bit. I have withdrawn my requests and will no longer follow this thread. Feel free to delete it.

I promise not to ask stupid questions again.

I will reserve my questions and problems to LHR.

Jeff_Birt
08-24-2007, 11:10 PM
It didn't ask for the second bit. I have withdrawn my requests and will no longer follow this thread. Feel free to delete it.

I promise not to ask stupid questions again.

I will reserve my questions and problems to LHR.

Now, I'm lost. The whole point of this forum is to learn from each other. You had a problem and asked for help. I think Paul figured out the problem, after carving the star when the machine stops and says something about the V-bit, that is when you install it, do not press enter until you do so. There is no need to get sore. ;)