PDA

View Full Version : z-axis stall, error 246

cocky013
08-22-2007, 02:03 PM
All right fellas, see if anyone has a resolution to this. I'm having a z-axis stall, error 246. I'm unable to get my machine to start cutting at all. What happens is the machine reads my program, goes through the measurement of the board, and then finally starts homing the bit. But every time it goes to find the surface of the wood (z-axis), the bit just sticks into the wood and gives me the error message.

I've tried different patterns, different thicknesses of wood. I've also calibrated the machine with the jointing bit. Also, I've even tried updating the firmware to 1.20 and installed the software on Vista and a computer with XP. Any advice? I'm reading a little about a z-motor, but I'm not sure what's involved there.

Thanks for all your help.

Jeff_Birt
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Watch your bit flag to see if it is coming out properly. It sounds like maybe the bit is not hitting the flag properly.

Old Salt
08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Having same problem . they are sending me new z motor for fix
I hope it works .

RanUtah
08-24-2007, 06:19 AM
They had me doing some testing on it over the phone. Bottom line is that I had to send it in. I was getting the same error. Something also about replacing the truck that has been redesigned since I purchased it.

darrelu
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I started experiencing this exact problem yyesterday. I have sent a message to Carvewright.

jwhllh55
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I have the same problem.. The machine will not crave. It will get past the measuring task, but when it starts to carve the head with the bit goes to the area to crave and the head goes up instead of down to crave, then I get the Z-Axis stall. If you have an answer, please let me know.:confused:
I tried it again and the error message is 236 Z-Axis Stall.. I don't understand.

RanUtah
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Since my machine is back now it operates like it was brand new ( of course it's still brand new) and they picked up the tab for everything. They also tested it there to make sure it was working properly. It's worth the call.

jwhllh55
09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Since my machine is back now it operates like it was brand new ( of course it's still brand new) and they picked up the tab for everything. They also tested it there to make sure it was working properly. It's worth the call.

I'll do that in the morning. This will be the second time I will have to send it back to them.. Thanks

jwhllh55
09-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I called LHR this morning and it seems this isn't the first time they have had the Z-Axis error 236 or 246, for they knew exactly what my machine was doing and how to solve the problem. They are sending me a new part and instruction on how to install it. Thanks to all the support from LHR, good people, even if they are from Texas... LOL...:D

Digitalwoodshop
09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Let us know what they send you? A Z pack?

AL