PDA

View Full Version : Thought you should know

Robin Fellows
08-21-2007, 02:18 AM
I went to purchase new belts for the machine and the centerline text feature and to my surprise the shipping was tallied at $31(I'm in Hawaii). I e-mailed Carvewright about an alternative shipping means and they promptly responded (Thank You) and it turns out that there are no alternative means to ship a $15 part for less than $46 from thier store. But what really got my attention was it was stated in the e-mail they do not provide support for any machines outside the continental United States. Now being that I'm still active duty for another 5 years I'm very concerned. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely happy with my machine, however, had I known about the support issue I would not have purchased it based on that alone.
Does anybody know of an alternate place to purchase the belts?
Thanks for your time,
Robin

bobreda
08-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Robin,

Somewhere in this forum someone posted about these belts and an alternative place to get them, I just can't remember which part of the forum it was one. Try a search on sanding belts, if that doesn't work, someone will chime in

Bob

mtylerfl
08-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Replacement Traction Belts for the CompuCarve™/CarveWright™ machines:
http://customsandingbelts.com/ (http://customsandingbelts.com/)
specify "j" material, Aluminum Oxide Open Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry

Jon Jantz
08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Robin, I would not lose sleep or fret over it, until I had actually had a problem and LHR told you 'NO, we will not work on it since you are a service member in Hawaii'... Somehow, based on the good customer service they've displayed to many on this forum, I find it unlikely they will say that to you, if it actually happened that you needed service.

Don't worry, be happy!

RC Woodworks
08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Robin, have you tried going to the Sears store and asking them if they can order parts for you? I know they tell you to call LHR, but it worth a shot!

Tick

Robin Fellows
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Robin, I would not lose sleep or fret over it, until I had actually had a problem and LHR told you 'NO, we will not work on it since you are a service member in Hawaii'... Somehow, based on the good customer service they've displayed to many on this forum, I find it unlikely they will say that to you, if it actually happened that you needed service.

Don't worry, be happy!

I wrote this based on e-mail that they returned. I am one of the fortunate ones and have not had a major problem with the machine just suprised at the policy that was all. Thanks for all the responses.
Robin

cajunpen
08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
[quote=But what really got my attention was it was stated in the e-mail they do not provide support for any machines outside the continental United States. [/quote]

What? We lost Hawaii??? I thought that Hawaii was a State.

Thanks for your service Robin - I've done mine, now it's time for you younger guys to carry the torch - Thanks.