PDA

View Full Version : Route Edge Problems

HMC2007
08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
New machine, inexperienced user. I am having trouble uploading. Window opens and states may cause problems with request. Asks "ignore", "manual jig", "auto jig". I "auto jig" once and the bit began hitting the metal rod down the middle and the machine turned itself off. Slight damage to machine rod?Using poplar 9.25",9.25", .75". Any suggestions? Jim

JOHNB
08-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Post Your File And Let Others Look At It For Mistakes(if Any). Start Off With Something Very Easy To Get A Feel Of The Machine. I Have Never Used Auto-jig.

HMC2007
08-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks JOHNB. I was informed that my problem may have happened from shipping? I was sent another part. Machine seemed to have lost it's perception for depth? It would start the cut correctly and then the depth became inconsistent? Thanks again

CallNeg151
08-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Thanks JOHNB. I was informed that my problem may have happened from shipping? I was sent another part. Machine seemed to have lost it's perception for depth? It would start the cut correctly and then the depth became inconsistent? Thanks again

You might also be suffering from the dreaded z-axis plunge. Does the cut just get progressively deeper until it pierces through the board? If so, for some reason the z-motor sensor may be on the fritz.

The solution to that is to call LHR, and they will diagnose your problem and likely ship you out a new Z motor pack. (Of course, you can ship your unit back, but if you're at all handy with a screwdriver, you should be able to replace it yourself, if LHR tech's are okay with it, in about twenty minutes or less, and I think there's even a pdf posted in the forum showing you how.

Good luck!

HMC2007
08-25-2007, 05:01 PM
You might also be suffering from the dreaded z-axis plunge. Does the cut just get progressively deeper until it pierces through the board? If so, for some reason the z-motor sensor may be on the fritz.

The solution to that is to call LHR, and they will diagnose your problem and likely ship you out a new Z motor pack. (Of course, you can ship your unit back, but if you're at all handy with a screwdriver, you should be able to replace it yourself, if LHR tech's are okay with it, in about twenty minutes or less, and I think there's even a pdf posted in the forum showing you how.

Good luck!

Your absolutely correct. You described everything to a tee. I'm changing the new one out today. Thanks.....