PDA

View Full Version : The Old Man

Dave-Carve
08-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Heres One Almost Done Of "THE OLD MAN Of THE MOUNTIANS"
It was a Selfmade rock formation on side of a moutian in FRANCONIA NH

He was universally recognized, that Old Man staring stoically for centuries from his perch atop Franconia Notch. But how many of us really knew him? Most folks stopping beside the road and looking up the mountain, only saw his good side.

Notice Spelling in FRANCONNIA, NH /FRANCONIA, NH:mad: OOOOPS!!!!!!!!

Opinions Please Good Or Bad :D :cool:
I Can Handle It!!!!!!!!!!

P/S Still Needs 1 coat of white paint and 4-5 coats of clear!!!!!!!!

Thanks

BobHill
08-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Dave,

That really brings back memories. I was a four year student at Gould Academy, Bethel, Maine and winter snows took us often to Mt. Washington, Franconia and Pinkham Notch for some great skiing. So your choice of the "Old Man" is a great one to me <g>. Excellent job on it too.

Bob

Dave-Carve
08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Bob Did You Know Here Was GONE ????????? Check This Link

http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/franconianotch/oldman.html

BobHill
08-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Dave,

No, I did not. Wow! I haven't been back to that area for more years than I care to think about <g>. Gould now uses it's own mountain for most of it's events, including recreational skiing (Sunday River). The closest I come to Gould any more is the annual alumni get together in Florida. What and when did the Old Man take a nose dive? I would have thought someone would have told me about that. A lot of the alumni are "old" skiiers.

Bob

Dave-Carve
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
See Above Link On My Carve it Was May 2nd 2003 Or the night before When the cloud cover disapeared so did he Somtime that night !!!!:(

BobHill
08-18-2007, 11:23 AM
I see that now, Dave. Thanks. It'll surely be missed as a great scenic point.

Bob