PDA

View Full Version : Carving bit specifications

benluz
08-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Hello, Does anyone know where I can find the specifications of the carvewright bit ,the angle of the taper.....etc..Does precision bits sell the 4 flute version of the carving bit, if anybody has a link to the page would be great,for some reason I could not find the correct page.

Thanks,
Ben

dcurrysr
08-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Try this link for the bits.
Dave

http://www.precisebits.com/products/carbidebits/taperedcarve250b4f.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=tapered&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&I1.x=0&I1.y=0&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

benluz
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks! I knew I had seen the page before,but could not find it.
Thank you very much !
Ben

Pratyeka
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
There is no mention of the taper angle in the link above. I am looking in the forums, so far no success. Anyone knows?

Dan-Woodman
01-07-2009, 04:16 PM
scroll down to the bottom of the page, there are two listings for it .The more expensive one is coated with a special coating. bit is $29.95
later Daniel

Jeff_Birt
01-08-2009, 08:24 AM
I asked the guys at precisebits about this yesterday and here is what I found out. I would suspect that these specs closely follow the CW bit.

Taper angle: 5.2 deg. (10.4 deg total included angle)
DOC: 1.10" up from the original 0.75" (their website is out of date)

On the CW machine we are limited to a max carving depth of 0.8", but it is good to know the actual specifications.

Dan-Woodman
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Ben's origanal question was asking about a 4 flute bit , and I see that from the website the precisebits states it is 4 flute.
My bit( that I've had for almost three years now) is a three flute.I had to recount several times and yes--3 flute.
Is this what LHR is selling now with the machine,4 flutes?
later Daniel

luckettg
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Ben's origanal question was asking about a 4 flute bit , and I see that from the website the precisebits states it is 4 flute.
My bit( that I've had for almost three years now) is a three flute.I had to recount several times and yes--3 flute.
Is this what LHR is selling now with the machine,4 flutes?
later Daniel

Good question. I will let you know if the new one my daughter ordered for me in early December ever gets here.....sigh.