PDA

View Full Version : People are fickled!!!!!!

RC Woodworks
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I am back from my 2 week fair travels ! For a week anyway and I am off for another 2 weeks or so. But attending these last fairs I discovered people are just plain fickled!!!:) Now these excludes everyone in this forum, well almost everyone!!! If you are trying to figure out who...... it might be you!!!!! Lol

Why you ask I say this? I have a wonderful machine the CC that makes fantastic signs and people wants me to hand carve their signs! I know this is a compliment
but on the other hand I like using the CC!!!

My #1 CC did very well, I did have to replace the board sensor. It did everything I needed it to do during my first fair. But towards the end of my second fair my Z motor went out :( It was weird it started running the letters, then it started making blocks. Then the Z truck had no resistance on the up and down movement.

So today I called LHR and as usual I received excellent service and a new Z motor is on it's way. I am though going take Jeff Birt's advice and use the CC to carve my Vector Art images and have them ready to hand carve the names. So the people can have the best of both worlds!!!

Rick

Gman_Ind
08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
That little note that says 'handmade by XXXX" goes a long way with some folk.
There is a regional fair here that is tailored to handmade crafts. I could sell some plaques as long as a large portion is made by hand, is using a shaper table, pattern and a follow bit more hand made than the CC ? A little perhaps but the layout , design and finishing is without a doubt, 'personalized" and locally made.

rjustice
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Mike you have probably heard of the term used by the music industry where they have concerts using acoustic instruments right?.....

Could it be that they want Carving UNPLUGGED? :rolleyes:

LOL...

Ron

Gman_Ind
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Mike you have probably heard of the term used by the music industry where they have concerts using acoustic instruments right?.....

Could it be that they want Carving UNPLUGGED? :rolleyes:

LOL...

Ron
LOL that's beautiful Ron!
Ok so chip carving with Dremel and power chisel is that still 'hand carved'?
is even the use of steel tools 'hand carved' LOL. sorry for my digression I now have visions of Judo chopping out a sign. ;)

MarkJamesDesign
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I tried handpainting signs, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the fingerprints. I even tried using the backhand technique but they all read backwards and upsidedown.

Gman_Ind
08-20-2007, 07:56 AM
MJD,
Sounds more like finger painting rather than hand painting. ;)