PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Newbie Advise - Read Your Manuals!

911guy
08-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Friendly advise from one newbie to another - Read your Manual!

I had an issue. Head screw was locking up.

Just when I was about to send out an SOS onto the forum, a simple thought crossed my mind....I said to myself... "Self, maybe you should look into the manual a little deeper before you ask the forum for help".....

BINGO! Page 42 seemed to be my issue....How about that! Of course, haven't done it yet but I am going to tomorrow :):-D

Of course, I hope I didn't "Speak" too soon, still might have that same problem!:mrgreen:

rpringle
08-14-2007, 01:15 AM
CRAIG,

You are one of the many people on this form which will help to make our machine a sucess and keep LHR in business.

Instead of whinning about a problem we look for a solution.

In my case it is often my problem and on the few times that I have called LHR they have worked with me to solve my issue.

As I continue to experment, I continue to learn!

Russ

911guy
08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
CRAIG,

You are one of the many people on this form which will help to make our machine a sucess and keep LHR in business.

Instead of whinning about a problem we look for a solution.
Russ

Thanks Russ, I'm not trying to "toot my own horn" here but I've just noticed some posts telling other users to read the manual. As some users might not want to do this for some reason or another, it might be easier to just ask the question out on the forum floor. I want to re-interate, I feel the manual is a good resource. Allthough many of us may be frustrated by a particular issue - Complaining about it openly will not find us our solution - the majority of us our users of the tool, not LHR employees.

I think this forum is the best thing that LHR could have done and most likely eliminates most of their customer service calls for troubleshooting. I love it for the file sharing (as I am ignorant in knowing how to make new patterns) and troubleshooting.

My order for problems is:

1. Check the manual (right next to my machine!)
2. Check the search function for previous posts
3. Ask the forum!

Amen.

DocWheeler
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I found that there was an updated manual from the one I printed when I got my CC in February. Reading the original one did NOT answer many of my questions.

When I loaded the CD for the probe (I think), it must have loaded a new PDF because I now have a manual that explains much more.

For anyone that has a manual with edit notes and pictures missing - you have an OLD manual.

RanUtah
08-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Along with a better drawing it would be nice to have a list of what the potential errors are, their numbers, what they mean and possible solutions. If it wasn't for this forum and the guys that contribute to it, I wouldn't have any idea what they are.

Gman_Ind
08-17-2007, 08:30 AM
It seems like this thread is turning into a wish list for the new manual, thats a good thing, the manual should have a table with error codes, their cause and solution. An in depth trouble shooting section should have this included, it would save calls to their tech center for many of us.