PDA

View Full Version : HELP gear assembly

briansr
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Broke the gear..(the smaller one, the one that drives the sandpaper belt)
I had to remove the bigger gear in order to reach to the one that needed replacement, removed both gears, assembled the new replacement, which fitted like a glove, but when I try to get the other one in place something seem to go wrong, the end that connects to the motor looks good, but the end that attaches to the gear looks crooked but the metal gear is connecting properly, I ran the machine, ran for about 5 inches an then chipped a tooth out of the new replacement and now its free spinning.

I think i can save the gear, but anyways I ordered an other replacement, a guy at CW told me me it could be the pressure of the rollers that mostly its never a gear assembly problem. I still assume that the gear looking a little crooked didn't help either.

This thing is really giving me a hard time, I don't know if I'm following the order of the assembly procedure. Any advice on how to put the gears together.

Help out
Thanks

Jeff_Birt
08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Do a search for post by digitalwoodshop, he posted some photos and step-by-step of the R&R of that gear withing the last few months.

Digitalwoodshop
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Popped it back to the top rather than re post pictures.

Good Luck,

AL