PDA

View Full Version : Sled want stay in Machine

DustyUsr
08-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I built a sled yesterday Per the Plans, I attached my project piece to it and wow, the sled when measuring comes out of the Machine, that funny (NOT).
I attacted pieces of scrap to the work Piece without the sled, same thing.
Put just the work piece in and Great Job.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for all of your support.
Michael

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2007, 09:53 AM
The sled must have end blocks to the detector has something to see as the edge. Does the head go down into the sled and see the bottom.... Is it too thin?

Can you post a picture of the sled?

AL

DustyUsr
08-12-2007, 12:26 PM
The sled is 3/4", I built the sled like the plans called for but don't know what the problem is, everything works Great without the sled, it is white Malmine, that can't be the problem because I carved a helicopter in the left overs after I tryed the sled and it worked.
I tryed putting darker fill in's at the ends also and that didn't word.
I'll try other thing and one day a light bulb will come on and I'll share with all what I find out.:confused:
Again,
Thanks for all of your support.
MES

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2007, 01:44 PM
NOW you mention it was malmine..... Your brass roller is SLIPPING on the slipperiness of the plastic..... I KNOW.... It did for me too.....

Run a single strip of masking tape from one end to the other only where the roller touches....

Let us know....

AL

liquidguitars
08-12-2007, 02:34 PM
If the CW is stopping when measuring you can try using paper to trick the CW into running.

http://www.liquidguitars.com/assets/images/sleadtapeR001.jpg

Here is a pic of my sled with the end caps:

http://www.liquidguitars.com/assets/images/sleadtapeR002.jpg

LG

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
That's PRETTY SLICK !!!!!

AL

Dave-Carve
08-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Just wondering how long does it take to carve that gutiar ??????????????

NICE JOB BYE THEN WAY Thats a beauty
A friend of mine carves them and sands them by hand for HOURS on end!!!

liquidguitars
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
About 3 hrs for the top and underside of the soundboard.. and about the same for the back and mid parts.

LG

911guy
08-13-2007, 12:07 AM
I built a sled yesterday Per the Plans, I attached my project piece to it and wow, the sled when measuring comes out of the Machine, that funny (NOT).
Michael

Mine was doing the same thing. My measurements were 36 inches long by 14 wide. I'm thinking it's not catching as well. My Answer? I am carving a new sled (smaller) as I type this thinking it's too heavy for the machine. Have to wait the 1.25 hours to carve :wink: