PDA

View Full Version : x axis error 500

Dan-Woodman
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
My machine died
I was cutting a project out with the 1/8" cutting bit, when bit started a new cutout, touched the wood about a 1/8" and stopped.
Before I could pop my head around the corner to the keypad the screan went blank. Won't turn back on,won't give any codes under options,nothin.
Did a search,diditalwoodshop suggested reformating card and something else,I did both.
Maybe it's the power supply?
I got this error code from my memory card when it asked if I wanted to send the error to CW.
Guess I'll be calling CW Monday.

later Daniel

Jeff_Birt
08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Turn the machine on WITHOUT putting the memory card in. Does the screen show solid black squares on the top row? If not you have a power supply problem (more than likely).

Dan-Woodman
08-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks Jeff,no ,no bars, no nothin' Is this a fix they will send parts for or will I be shipping it back to Texas for a vacation?

Jeff_Birt
08-12-2007, 03:14 PM
I think they have sent power supplies to others in the past.

JOHNB
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I Received A Power Supply A Couple Months Ago. Easy Switch

Dan-Woodman
08-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone for all your help, maybe I'll be carving soon.

later Daniel

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2007, 09:56 PM
I am collecting used bad parts from the Carve Machine. Anyone wanting to get rid of that bad power supply, cut motor, sensor, Stepping Motor, Bit Flag, Broken Z housing, cover, or about anything except sand paper belts, broken gears, and broken or worn QC's.

With the number of hours I have on my machine I found it very handy when I picked up a dead cut motor with a bad open winding but good brushes when I needed them.

Power Supplies do go bad in other areas and the parts will be welcome. I am able to repair the circuit boards if I have the parts. Liability wise, I wouldn't do it for anyone else as if your house burned down next week due to a power supply "I" Fixed.... Trouble....

While in San Diego my Spa motor went bad and I found the relay on the mother board was bad. The Spa Guy said $200.00 for the replacement mother board..... I looked at the Omron relay and said www.digikey.com and $13.00 later with shipping I was back up and running. The Spa Guy wanted me to fix a stack of boards but the "Liability" if someone got shocked in a unit that I had fixed.... Well the lawyers would be the only winners... So I said NO.. thanks.....

Cash, Paypal, Check, Shipping and a price..... AL's Carve Junk.....

digitalwoodshop@aol.com