PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get a blow-up of the machine?

nicobie
08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
As many here are in dire need of info in order to repair their machines, I wonder if Carvewright will release the data needed? Or if they will continue to require us to sent the things back at our expense so that they can make a few extra bucks.

It doesn't seem right to require the customer to pay to send a product back for repair or replacement, when it showed up 'dead on arrival'.

Am I out of line about this?

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Didnt I read this somewhere before ????
Or maybe my mind is going again/????

Dan-Woodman
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
CW pays for shipping both ways on warrenty work.

Digitalwoodshop
08-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I am not sure where your information is coming from but I believe you are in ERROR. My machine went back 2 times for repairs that honestly I was the cause of it BOTH TIMES.... Pulling a board detector wire too hard and it rubbed through 2 weeks later and shorted out the sensor circuit. Again... MY fault.... The second was when I tried to replace a damaged quick release chuck, that "I" damaged and "I" stripped the square drive trying to replace the part that THEY sent at no charge.... Both times they sent me a E Mail with a attachment that was a FEDEX Shipping lable.....

Had a power supply problem and they sent the part.

Broke a sand paper belt, replaced it with parts "I" bought... from them.

Broke a X stage 2 gear because "I" put in a split board that jammed. I paid the $5.00 for the part that "I" broke.....

Needed new Cut motor brushes after almost 300 hours of cutting time... $2.50 ea..... Knowing there is SUPPORT AFTER THE SALE.... PRICELESS.

So in the long run, most of the problems with the machine are caused my "US" not poor design....

I am a LHR Suporter.... They are doing a GREAT JOB with a GREAT PRODUCT.

AL

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 07:04 PM
What R U Doing to that Poor Machine????????????????????

OH sorry your just rebuilding it Pc By Pc OK Nice Work

Digitalwoodshop
08-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Makin Sawdust.... LOTS of it...... My first machine sits in the corner with 40 hours on it, watching it's brother the Orphan that was returned to SEARS broken do all the work.....

AL

Andy C
08-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Please, say enlarge, never blow up around computer equipment.

It senses our moods and gets even.

Andy

Signmaker
08-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't you mean an "exploded view"?

An image of a device, machine, motor, etc., that shows all parts expanded out with lines indicating where they go such as a patent drawing or a service manual.

Signmaker

rjustice
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
I think Ken810 had an "Exploded view" picture posted... but seriously, I am not aware of anything available. There have been many requests on here for one with no luck...

Ron

ChrisAlb
08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't think you're out of line here at all. Mine stripped the x-axis drive gear last Thursday after a wopping 8 hrs. cutting time and I haven't even been able to speak with a tech to "diagnose" the problem yet. I've diagnosed the problem, I just want the new parts! I took it apart this morning and emailed them pictures. I believe the problem with mine was simply too much head pressure. I've had no jams and made no mistakes with it. So now I'm in search of the proper specs and procedures for adjusting the head pressure.

I won't send it back. I'll do my own repairs as I need this puppy up and running. This isn't a "hobby" for me...lol

Chris...

Jeff_Birt
08-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Do a forum search for 'head pressure', it should be around #80-#85. Measure with bathroom scales. Too much head pressure can cause stripped X-axis gears as can a board getting jammed up if it's sides are not parallel and/or the rear guide plate is pushed up tight against the stock.

The Woodsmith
08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I totaly agree. We used to refer to this type of drawing as an Illustrated Parts Break-Down. This type of drawing usually includes an item number, part number, nomenclature and quanity. This would be helpfull when talking with the "Tech Folks" at CW.

The Woodsmith

Iwood2
08-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I totaly agree. We used to refer to this type of drawing as an Illustrated Parts Break-Down. This type of drawing usually includes an item number, part number, nomenclature and quanity. This would be helpfull when talking with the "Tech Folks" at CW.

The Woodsmith
Are we talking about schematiscs

liquidguitars
08-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I needed them yesterday :mad: :-P soon i will have the schematiscs incoaded in my head! Good thing the CW is quick to repair...

LG