PDA

View Full Version : unable to lift top after carve

b.sumner47
08-11-2007, 04:44 PM
As it says,I can't crank the top up after a carve.I released the lock, I think it may have not released all the way and jammed.Checked search no luck,need some HELP: Thanks,Barry

pkunk
08-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Is the handle ratcheting? You can maybe get down to the right hand elevation screw and turn it with an allen wrench enough to free it. Then you might have to tighten the ratchet mechanism.

b.sumner47
08-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Plunk,I can't get to it.If I try and lower it the ratchet kicks in.

pkunk
08-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Are you saying that it's still cranked down against a board?
Does it ratchet when you try to turn the handle counterclockwise?

Digitalwoodshop
08-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Your best bet is to remove the side away from the keyboard and access the hole in the raising and lowering threaded rod. You need a 1/8 inch drill bit or Allen wrench.

Remove top cover, 2 screws on top, 2 screws in the back, unplug the left cover switch plug, careful, don't pull the wires out of the plug.

Don't remove the motor power wires if you don't have to.

Remove the 2 bolts on top of the right side then the 2 small screws to remove the whole side.

See first picture for hole, picture is on it's side. This was from my gear replacement "stripped" was the plastic gear....

Good Luck

AL

b.sumner47
08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Pkunk,yes it does click.

Ray,Didn't want to,but I guess I'll have too
Thanks All,Barry

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Reach inside with pliers turn the threaded shaft (Apx 1/2 way were it never will get used anyway:rolleyes: ) while turning crank handle if it starts to go up all set, If not read above thread follow directions..

b.sumner47
08-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Took the right side off cleaned up,turned the threaded rod about 1/2 turn,still tight.Started to undo left side with removal of a little screw,it pooped up all okay after that.
Thanks ALL!

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Sounds Like the cover was hitting something or somewhere???
Did It go down straight (level) ???
Good Luck

Digitalwoodshop
08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Barry,

After the first click on the down crank stop, at least I do.... Found more clicks just put too much down pressure on the sand paper belts that are belt to metal sliding as it moves the board. There are posts on using a bathroom scale to measure the down pressure. Have the rollers called up on the maintenance menu and watch them go from released to compressed as you crank.

AL