PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor - Tools Question

Andy C
08-11-2007, 11:03 AM
When I load a pattern to edit and select a tool, any tool, the button in the tool bar depresses but when I go to the pattern all I every see is the rotate tool.

Is this a bug?

Am I doing something wrong?

Do I have a problem I should contact CW about?

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

Jeff_Birt
08-11-2007, 11:39 AM
The 3d display on the left hand side of the screen in just a 3d representation of the pattern. All editing is done on the 2d grayscale image on the right. It take a bit of getting used to as you have to edit on the right while looking at the left 3d window to see if your getting it right.

Andy C
08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Jeff

Thanks, for the quick response. Figured it had to something I overlooked.

Andy

pkunk
08-11-2007, 12:01 PM
??? What are you trying to edit in the Pattern? A Pattern is a raster image that came into Designer from being imported as either a .bmp, .jpg, .gif, .mng, .xpm or .png format images. Any editing of that raster image itself has to be done outside of Designer. You can, of course, import another .ptn file, but it still has to be edited as a raster outside of Designer.

Bob
Bob-Bob. Pattern editor comes with the probe. CW software :p

BobHill
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I do have the Probe, Paul, however, I deleted the message you are referring to as I see now it was directed to a probe edit, not an existing pattern. However, I'll have to post this to the WANT list, as it brings to mind that the Probe's Pattern Editor should also be able to open an existing PTN for editing.

Bob

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Wish I Had One Of Those :(
Dont really have any use for probe.
Unless of coarse I could Probe somebodys face in there on a Sled :rolleyes: !!!!!!!! How would I Keep them still Has anybody tryed ?????
Just Wondering

Jeff_Birt
08-11-2007, 01:08 PM
To edit a pattern that comes with Designer, you need to right click on it and Exportit. Then you can open it up in the pattern editor and edit it.

BobHill
08-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Just another senior moment, or actually a dumb moment, Jeff. I opened the Probe pattern editor, but didnt close the Flash card window as there was no pattern there at that time, and when I closed it, there was the Open File options. And, of course since I keep all my patterns in a folder other than Designer, I didn't have to Export it to open it. I do believe I'll give it up for the day and go do some building . Now that clears up a lot of things in creating Patterns from Corel/Illustrator/Xara too, of course.

Bob

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I Right Click and export ( to where) Dont have pattern editor ( do I ??)
Maybe Im Gonna Learn somthing after all. ( P/S I Dont have probe,)
Now Im Getting Curious !! NEED HELP

pkunk
08-11-2007, 01:45 PM
To edit a pattern that comes with Designer, you need to right click on it and Exportit. Then you can open it up in the pattern editor and edit it.
Jeff, all you have to do is double click on a pattern in Designers pattern tool column. No export needed. Mac or Windows

pkunk
08-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I Right Click and export ( to where) Dont have pattern editor ( do I ??)
Maybe Im Gonna Learn somthing after all. ( P/S I Dont have probe,)
Now Im Getting Curious !! NEED HELP
Pattern editor is the program that comes with the probe.

BobHill
08-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Without the Probe, you won't have the Pattern Editor available to you, Dave. which is another good reason to get the Probe, unless you never want to create your own patterns, that is.

Bob

Dave-Carve
08-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Thought I Was Missing Something :(
Guess I Dont Have editor afterall :(

No Need For Probe Just Need For Software Editor NO WAY HA!!!

Ahhhh The Forums Still The Best Of The Carve SEE YA!!!!

Jeff_Birt
08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Jeff, all you have to do is double click on a pattern in Designers pattern tool column. No export needed. Mac or Windows

Yeah, your right Paul. I just tried it and it worked fine, I thought it did not work before. But, if you don't have the software that comes with the probe you have to use the export route.

No Need For Probe Just Need For Software Editor NO WAY HA!!!
Dave, take a look at this thread: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4099

I'm developing a third party pattern editor, send me an email at: jeff.birt.cw@gmail.com and I'll send you a free download link. Right now, only the conversion from a PTN to a standard image format is working. But this lets you edit patterns, to some extent, in a standard photo-editing software.