PDA

View Full Version : CCM fix (maybe)

TerryT
08-09-2007, 03:48 PM
My machine worked flawlessly for 20 hours then came the check cut motor warning. Now I get it on every project. I had read here that this was a software issue. After waiting for word on a possible software fix, I decided to call the manufacturer. After a couple of quick checks they told me it was an rpm sensor ( I think) and they would send a new one right away.

I wish I would have called a while ago. For those that are getting the CCM don't wait for a software fix, it may be something you can fix now.

Kenm810
08-09-2007, 04:02 PM
TerryT, Thanks for the info, My machine just started the Check Cut Motor errors this week.
Nothings has changed, same software, same everything.
Like everyone else with the problem I just started pushing enter and away the machine would go finishing the project.
I'll have to check with CW to see what's up with the rpm sensor being replaced. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Thanks Again

pkunk
08-09-2007, 05:47 PM
The CCM error that most are talking about as software related is at the very beginning of every carve. If you're getting them well into the carve then you need to call CW.

Kenm810
08-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks Pkunk,

You saved me from calling---And making a fool of myself------------Again http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

TerryT
08-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Mine happens within the first 30 %. Usually around 10 to 15%. Since it didn't do it in the first 20 hours on the machine I started thinking it wasn't software since that had not changed. I got used to just pushing enter to finish the project but the cut motor would run at the full 21000 rpm for the rest of the project. Not a major problem but a pain in the a*s cause I had to wait around until it happened to push the button so it would finish. Plus it may shorten the life of the motor a bit. Anyway, I'm glad I called 'em.

liquidguitars
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Check Cut Motor errors this week

Just replaced some parts on my old unit over 240 hrs and bingo now my new motor gives me the "Check Cut Motor" :confused: I do not think it is software
but a bad motor. the guys at CW is sending me a new one.

LG

Gman_Ind
08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Don't want to Jinx myself but my CCM only happened a couple times, then went away.

sirsumm
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Hello all,
I just bought a CC a couple of weeks ago, and got the CCM error every single time I used the machine. Just like allot of other users I just hit enter to continue. I started thinking to myself that it really doesn't make sense to pay $1900 for a machine that doesn't work right, so I called CW. They walked me thru this test to see if the sensor is working correctly or not.

Here is what you do:
1. turn on the unit.
2. press 0
3. press 7
4. press up arrow
5. rotate the spindle by hand
According to CW you should see the number next to "CUT SENSOR:0" turn to some other number.

My unit did not change form 0 indicating that there is a failure of the sensor. They are going to have me ship my machine back to get the sensor, and some other issues I have with my particular machine fixed. I will report back with the results in a couple of weeks when I get it back.

I would be interested to see what kind of numbers people get preforming this procedure on a machine that is not getting CCM errors.

TerryT
08-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Thats interesting. They had me do the same checks. Only I did get readings everytime I spun the cutterhead. I think it was the same diagnosis though. They sent the new part but I have not installed it because I no longer get the error since I build the downdraft table. I'm now thinging it may be the added air flow through the machine that made the difference. Either that or just picking it up and moving it to the new table did something.
Terry