PDA

View Full Version : Carving time accuracy

dannirr
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
My projects all take about 50% longer than the calculated display when I upload to the card. Do you all have this too?

Danni

Kenm810
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Danni,

Mine normally runs about 25 to 30% longer then the calculated display.
It has since I first bought the machine.
I probably should keep a log on the difference in time,
to get a better idea of how much it varies from project to project,
and compare it to the actual cut motor time registered on the machine

Dave-Carve
08-08-2007, 08:49 PM
My cut Time is off about 20% .
Has always been uless its a fast time Like Under 25min
Longer cut times are way OFF I Carved "Firefighters Prayer" Cut time Like 110min Actual cut time was more like 248mins BIG DIFFRENCE !!!!!
Centerline cuts jump around really weired
Wondering why centerline just dont cut like you write ????
Example = ABCDEFGHIJK etc
Carves Like = AFDKJCBE Hope You understood that ???:confused:

DocWheeler
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Dave,

There is a little old man inside who doesn't like to get up and down.
He gets letters out of bins that are close to him, then moves ;)

Dave-Carve
08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Makes sense to me , Must be normal then,OK no problem just seemed like wasting a lot of time doing all that moving around , Most of the time it doesnt even finish a letter, then goes 6-7 inches down or over the board and starts half of another letter ,comes back starts a diffrent letter, moves over starts diffrent letter,Comes back finishes 1st letter,goes somewhere else starts 1/2 of yet another letter, and so on and so on, but when the little buggers done complete finished text is perfect!!!
Jelous I guess?? I cant Write like That!!!!! With that accuracy!!!

Must be something to do with Chineese ????????:rolleyes:

Kenm810
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
I think it just wants to keep us mystified enough to have us standing there staring through the window
at the bit going back and forth, and up and down ---- mesmerizing isn't it. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

oldjoe
08-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Your right I think it hypnotic the way it does text. I have watched both in centerline and in outline mode. If I were to try that skipping around all willy nilly like I would for sure miss something. It must be the way it is pulling the information off the card. But as long as it works I'm just going to stand back and bask in the glory that I have the machine. And like my mom always told me "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
As far as carving time my has been pretty close coarse I never payed much attention when it running I off doing something else like sitting here reading the forum where I lose all track of time anyway.