PDA

View Full Version : Centerline upgrade LIMITATIONS

dannirr
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Hello all,

I have Designer on two computors (laptop and desktop), as per the registration allowance.

I purchased the centerline feature ($100). When Carvewright called me today to activate the feature, I had to choose which computor to use the Centerline on. The $100 price is PER COMPUTOR, not per registered user. This makes little sense at all. It also prevents us from taking projects that we are still working on between computors - for example: I would like to tinker with designs when I am out of town at our vacation home - then carve it when I get back - cannot do that without buying TWO centerline upgrades to use on ONE registered piece of software.

You would think (and they should be more upfront and tell you) that the feature would be $100 per registered software - thus allowing you to use it on both machines - after all, they allow the software to be registered that way.

I am very surprised that a company that is having so many issues with their product, yet have a pretty compliant and patient user base, would be a little less greedy and a little more appreciative of their customers.

Danni

Kenny
08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hello all,

I have Designer on two computors (laptop and desktop), as per the registration allowance.

I purchased the centerline feature ($100). When Carvewright called me today to activate the feature, I had to choose which computor to use the Centerline on. The $100 price is PER COMPUTOR, not per registered user. This makes little sense at all. It also prevents us from taking projects that we are still working on between computors - for example: I would like to tinker with designs when I am out of town at our vacation home - then carve it when I get back - cannot do that without buying TWO centerline upgrades to use on ONE registered piece of software.

You would think (and they should be more upfront and tell you) that the feature would be $100 per registered software - thus allowing you to use it on both machines - after all, they allow the software to be registered that way.

I am very surprised that a company that is having so many issues with their product, yet have a pretty compliant and patient user base, would be a little less greedy and a little more appreciative of their customers.

Danni

Danni: Amen!

rjp736
08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Bad enough they charge $100.00, then your limited to on PC.....CMON

Jeff_Birt
08-06-2007, 04:09 PM
So if they only let you install one software seat of Designer (like most other SW vendors do) then everybody would be happy? That way the number of seats of Designer would match the number of seats per upgrade.

Let's just look at things in context folks, the centerline feature is available for those who need / want its functionality for a much lower cost than the same functionality on any other system. You have the choice to buy it or not; no point in coming to the USERS forum just to complain, nobody here can do a thing to help you out. If you feel strongly about it call CW and let them know.

dannirr
08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Jeff,

With respect, I disgaree.

There is a point to mentioning it on the forum:
1.) other users get to know and make a decision on whether to buy the system at all (remember, the forum serves would be customers as well as users), and 2.) if more people knew and called CW, perhaps they would listen.

Using your reverse argument would make far more sense (although not make us any happier) than the decision they actually made. And comapring to other more expensive systems has no worth - evaluation should be made to comparible cost systems (of which there are none that I know of). Within the cost of this system, and the performance it provides, as well as the long list of problems with the machine, I believe this was a poor decision.

And finally, and again I really do mean with respect - it seems to me that any negative information on the forum is derided or discouraged. I know this forum is run by CW, and it is their right to edit or delete at will. But real improvement comes form listening, thinking and making educated decisions from both positive and negative feedback.

Thank you for the support you always provide - I continually learn from all of you and do appreciate it.

Best,
Danni

pkunk
08-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, I agree with Jeff. Take your complaint to CW, as continious whining on the forum serves no real purpose. Read the 'Forum Posting Policy' again & please abide by the rules. "Overruled";)